New BlackOvis Hailstone Rain Jacket

AKjon

FNG
The pit zips actually appeal to me. Regardless of breathability, I find that that any raingear can't breathe enough to move in a little. Which is nice to not have to layer on and off constantly. Especially when bouncing between glassing areas in smaller breaks like country.
oh yeah, I 100% love the pit zips, it's the dual pit zip/pocket that i'm unsure of (instead of having a dedicated pocket separate from the pit zip). I understand that it was done to save weight, and I may end up not minding or even liking the design, but the jury is still out until I spend more time wearing it.

How does the BlackOvis stuff compare to the Sitka Dewpoint? Obviously its a little heavier, but is it more durable? Is one quieter than the other? I assume the dewpoint packs down smaller? Is one more waterproof than the other?

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
How would you compare stretch and noise to the M5?
I would say they are very comparable to each other in both categories. Neither seem like they have much stretch. I think they are very similar in noise also. Both pieces are not overly loud in my opinion. I keep my rain gear in a sea to summit stuff sack that is atleast 4 times louder than the rain gear. Both perform well for me. Hope that helps

Bump79

WKR
I would say they are very comparable to each other in both categories. Neither seem like they have much stretch. I think they are very similar in noise also. Both pieces are not overly loud in my opinion. I keep my rain gear in a sea to summit stuff sack that is atleast 4 times louder than the rain gear. Both perform well for me. Hope that helps
Thanks for the feedback! I hate the crinkle that some rain gear has. My Chugach NX is super nice but has a sandpaper like texture to it. I use breathable rain gear as my outer layer in non rainy conditions so I need to be usable in ambush situations as well like whitetail.