New Book: Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
4/4/23 Update:
Based on a few requests, decided to offer a Hardcopy for Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories.
It’s live with the the Paperback and Kindle copies here

It's also live in the Rokslide Store here and the only way to get a signed copy if you want one.

It’s not cheap! ($49) and still couldn’t get to a full-color interior without charging $99, so for now, Hardcover color, B&W interior.

BDFFD559-024D-4B00-BACE-F424A052B719.png

6/15/22 Update:

It just went live on Amazon everyone, you can access at the link below the top image. Thanks for the support. For those who won a book on this thread, I’ll be shipping those in July.

8/22/22 Update: It’s also now available on Kindle (think color pics) at same link as below

HBMDTS.jpeg

Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories

If anyone wants to read a sample of the book, the way Amazon works, is when the book first launches, if you click on the book image "look inside" they include a good chunk of the beginning and end of the book, like 30 pages. Over time, like a week, they reduce the sample to the Intro and maybe a snippet of the first few chapters. Well since it just launched, you can read a big chunk right now at this link:

My favorite of my stories, "The Slump" is fully available to read as of this post.

Original Post:
Screen%20Shot%202022-06-01%20at%201.16.52%20PM.png

I’ve had my head down for about 6 months on this one and editor ( @andersson ) said it should be on Amazon in the next few weeks.

This is the follow up to my first book Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life.

The Stories” is a compilation of buck hunts I did between 2005 and 2021, both successful and unsuccessful.

I also have some great contributing authors including our own @Jared Bloomgren , @Jordan Budd , @Tony Trietch and other very successful buck hunters like Ryan Lampers, Brian Latturner, Scotty Thompson and including some who are members like @ntrlbrnhunter and @VANDAL

My good friend Mark @Muleyslayer1 Smith generously wrote the Foreward.

And of all people willing to step up with a story, it was Randy Ulmer (@randyulmer) who sent in my favorite: “Getting Even”. It’s not like anything I’ve read from him and I think you all will like it.

I’ve also included a Tips & Tactics and Mule Deer Gear Section.

To top it off, Toby Boudreau of Idaho Fish and Game, included a chapter on “The Perils of Bucks Only Hunting“ (that’ll get some guys’ shorts in a knot) and Chef John McGannon on getting the very most out of your venison.

My first book was a success, in part, due to you guys! I appreciate everyone who bought, borrowed, or posted on it.

I wanna pay you guys back with this one, so I’m going to give away 15 copies of “The Stories” to Roksliders.

I’ll draw from the first 75 posts on this thread so that the odds are good.

It’ll probably be July before I can ship, though, so keep that in mind.

Just post up anything in the comments and I’ll get you in the drawing if you make it into the first 75 posts.

thanks to all you well-known Roksliders!

*6/8/22 Edit:
OK all you WKR and not-so-much WKRs, I just hit Random.org with 16 qualified entries.

Ya, I originally said 15, but I didn’t get the thread shut down at 75 entries, so I added another book to keep the draw odds good (someone’s gotta fight for draw odds around this joint).

So here is the official list of winners:

007caaefb91f9b658315d4c6bf42ba1f.jpg

Since it’s super hard to see the very scientific results drawn on a coffee shop napkin, I’ll tag the winners below:

@conley417
@Camel titties
@CM
@SteveAndTheCrigBoys
@CJF
@Geewhiz
@SirChooCH
@WeiserBucks
@bigmoose
@Rich M
@huntngolf
@cgoodenough97
@southLA
@Plainsman79
@PNWGATOR
@switchback270

There you go!

Since I won’t have my books in stock until mid-July, in the meantime…

get me an email WITH YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS (and preferred name to sign the book to) in an email to [email protected]

I’ll confirm I received it and put you on the ship-to list.

Thanks for the support you guys.

Last edited:

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you Robby. I'm planning on buying a copy so if I happen to win one here it will be a good present for someone

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoyed the first book. Hope I get a chance to read the second regardless if I get a free copy or not!

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Robby. I'm planning on buying a copy so if I happen to win one here it will be a good present for someone
we can ship to friends (those are more fun as we can poke some fun like "sorry about all your bad luck, shots, and disappointments, maybe this book will help. And ditch the 6.5 already!) lol.

thanks!