New Book: Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories

ehayes

FNG
Robby. This book is a gem. The stories are fantastic. I have so much respect for you and the other people that took the time to share their incredible stories of hard work, perseverance and practical tips. I pulled so much out of this book that I will try to put to use over time. Thanks for your work. I’m a big fan.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby. This book is a gem. The stories are fantastic. I have so much respect for you and the other people that took the time to share their incredible stories of hard work, perseverance and practical tips. I pulled so much out of this book that I will try to put to use over time. Thanks for your work. I’m a big fan.
Thank you for buying the book and for the feedback. Glad to hear you told more than just entertainment out of this book,we tried to write the stories so that a careful reader could make better decisions on the mountain. Good luck out there

davidm21

FNG
I just finished your first book. Its a big reason that brought me here to Rokslide to soak as much info as I could and hopefully start contributing soon as well. I look forward to picking up your new book!

andersson

FNG

Attachments

• 3dkindlecover.jpg
    3dkindlecover.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
HEY BOYS AND GIRLS,
Robby's new book is now posted on amazon in KINDLE format. It's $16 and includes color photos!
Thanks Kelly! (@philos she legit, but thanks for having my back)

Getting unburied here after a mountain trip last week, so I REALLY APPRECIATE you letting the Rokslide crew know this is available on Kindle.

Roksliders, the Kindle is the only way to get color pics, so if you have a Kindle, there you go.

not to mention it’s half price.

Thanks all who purchased while I was away…
@Wheels @davidm21

andersson

FNG
Thanks Kelly! (@philos she legit, but thanks for having my back)

Getting unburied here after a mountain trip last week, so I REALLY APPRECIATE you letting the Rokslide crew know this is available on Kindle.
You BETCHA, Robby. Glad you got back safe and sound. One of these days when you come up for air we can tell stories and talk about a hardcover book. Hope I didn't alarm philos. LOL Hope your summer is as close to stressfree as possible!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You BETCHA, Robby. Glad you got back safe and sound. One of these days when you come up for air we can tell stories and talk about a hardcover book. Hope I didn't alarm philos. LOL Hope your summer is as close to stressfree as possible!
Hahaha, ya, he deleted your post, these guys hate spam but it’s all good.

Yes, Hardcover discussion is next (I’ll hit you on email)

Many of you Roksliders interested in a Hardcover? It’ll last longer, look better, BUT will cost more. Thoughts?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just bought it on kindle …
Thanks!

Let us know what you think. Is it worth saving half the money, getting full color, but having to go digital?

The first book is in Kindle, and while maybe 10% of total sales, the guys who are Kindle-believers really like that option.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about the all militant deletion. I started out as a softie but Ryan has tried to turn me into a ban and delete machine.

Great book Robby. Bought this on Kindle just because I like being able to lug books around easier. I'm a fan of quality hunting stories and feel like I learned a thing along the way too. Gets me real excited for hunting season, hope to have a collection of stories as fantastic for myself one day.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great book Robby. Bought this on Kindle just because I like being able to lug books around easier. I'm a fan of quality hunting stories and feel like I learned a thing along the way too. Gets me real excited for hunting season, hope to have a collection of stories as fantastic for myself one day.
thanks for buying it! If you ever wanna write a book I know a good editor. Just start your table of contents, then it seems to take off from there. At least it did for me...

I will let you know once I get to that point, need to get a few more good stories first! Hoping to tack another on this year. Do you find yourself writing as a source of income, or do you just do it for fun / as a hobby, and the money is extra?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I will let you know once I get to that point, need to get a few more good stories first! Hoping to tack another on this year. Do you find yourself writing as a source of income, or do you just do it for fun / as a hobby, and the money is extra?
Extra money. You’d have to write a lot of books if you wanted significant income unless you live in a free trailer park and have no family.

Howdy Partner

Lil-Rokslider
Great books Robby.
Horses, mules, and back country camps while not shooting dinks.
Spent my life living in the same generation and doing the same.
Cheers to you!!!