New boot (Altra Tusher)

TxxAgg

WKR
Shoot us a review TxxAgg! :)

They got delivered about an hour ago. They are super comfy. I've been waking around the house in them. They seem to run about 1/2 size larger than the normal Altra shoes I wear. I need to put on a pair of hiking socks and go walk up and down some hils with my pack to know for sure.

So far I don't have anything negative to say.

TxxAgg

WKR
Just following up for a data point.

I've worked out in them a handful of times without socks.

Today I did a 45min hike with 70# pack..that's the first time I've worn them with weight. Very comfy. I have a little hot spot on my heel but that's something I always struggle with due to my heel protrusion.

Overall, I'm very satisfied.

ko3n3k3

FNG
Anyone have a suggestion on a boot like the Tushar but for wider feet. Even the lone peaks, which I stretch like crazy with shoe stretchers are still a little tight width wise for me.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Just following up for a data point.

I've worked out in them a handful of times without socks.

Today I did a 45min hike with 70# pack..that's the first time I've worn them with weight. Very comfy. I have a little hot spot on my heel but that's something I always struggle with due to my heel protrusion.

Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Is the sole as soft as the lone peak sole? Anything over 40ish pounds on my back when wearing the lone peaks and I might as well be trudging through the sand.

TxxAgg

WKR
It's softer than I expected but I don't have experience with the Lone Peaks to compare to.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone have a suggestion on a boot like the Tushar but for wider feet. Even the lone peaks, which I stretch like crazy with shoe stretchers are still a little tight width wise for me.
Sounds like a custom pair will be your best bet. Big Jim from Big Jim's bow company wears 6E width in a size 15. His feet look square to me lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sent them back and ordered a 1/2 size smaller. Thinking they'll be a winner.
What size had you ordered initially and what size did you drop down to?

I've been wearing the Tushars for a few months, have about 100+ miles on mine, holding up very well,
the sole is awesome it grips in all conditions
the only issue i had was some pain around my high ankle, from rubbing, i had a pair of aftermarket insoles in the boot to try out, and caused severe rubbing on my high ankle, put stock insole back in and no more problems
for sure a warm boot with event in the summer, but a pleasure to walk around in all day with to without weight
other than that these are great boots, very quiet, very comfortable, great toe box
great boot,
only downfall may be on STEEP (salmon river steep) sidehills this boot will meet its limits, other than that will be perfect boot for me to temps in the 20's

ledflight

WKR
The Tushars are all gone. Anyone know what happened?
any suggestions for alternatives?
I have lone peaks but would like one level more heft while keeping wide toe-zero drop platform.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The Tushars are all gone. Anyone know what happened?
any suggestions for alternatives?
I have lone peaks but would like one level more heft while keeping wide toe-zero drop platform.
They're probably trying to figure out how to make a waterproof version that actually has side hilling style support. I have a pair, super comfy, as long as it isn't wet or steep. Water proofing is on par with Salomon Quest 4Ds, which is to say, they strain the dirt out so only the water gets in lol.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you're looking for a similar style boot the new 166 Mamba from Zamberlan would be my recommendation. As soon as my size is back in stock I'll have a pair. I've had excellent results with my last couple of pairs of lightweight Zamberlan hikers. They just keep changing them up I should buy 2 pairs next time so I can keep using the same ones.