New Boot Questions

So I finally joined the club and spent some money on quality boots. I got hanwag Alaska GTXs and I'm very happy so far. They say they are ready to wear out of the box but I splashed water on them this morning and it soaked into the leather. My question is:
What are your procedures with new boots. Should I get them soaked then wear them dry to help with break in?
Go ahead and treat them now? I typically use snoseal.

ILIKEBEARS

Lil-Rokslider
Get them wet, scrub with a soft bristle brush. Once the leather is saturated with water, pat them dry with a towel. They should still be moist, but not soaking wet. That’s the time to coat them with a good layer of snowseal. The moisture opens up the pores and folds of the leather material.
Personally, I like to melt the snowseal in a bowel in the microwave, apply it with an old rag, and then hit the boot with a hot hairdryer to make sure the snowseal seeps into every little crevasse. Then I polish them off with a clean dry rag once the wax starts to cool down and solidify. If you leave globs/thick spots on the boot it will attract more dust and dirt and actually ruin the water repellent faster. Try and get as much snowseal on there as possible without your boot being all nasty and sticky. That’s what’s worked great for me in the PNW.
Then hit the treadmill and break those puppies in. The hot wax will help condition the boot and make it break in faster.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I would use Hanwag's wax/waterproofing agent. Others may damage or cause the rand to separate. Make sure the leather is clean, then treat them and wear! Congrats on your new boots!