new boots, Kennetrek

Kenetrek has a sale going on right now. I just ordered a pair of the Mountain extreme 400's. Normally 485 and on sale for 388.00. Just though some might be interested. Fair warning however they are on backorder and looking at delivery in mid January.

gfreidy

WKR
Love my Kenetrek Mt Extremes. Thought I had them broken in for their first season...not so much. This year the fit so much better.

I’m not a fan of the Kenetreks. They are way too noisy and they don’t last half as long as other boots I have used. They do have good ankle support though. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Everyone I hunt with noticed the noise. They were great for hiking and fixing fences while they lasted.

I have a pair of kenetreks and have countless buddies that have them that I hunt with. I have never heard any “noise” from them. And we all talk about how they’re the most durable boot we’ve ever had.

On my second trip to Africa my PH was happy I didn’t bring my Kenetreks. He said he’d noticed that the Kenetreks were the noisiest boots that Americans took over there. Mine only lasted four years. They were a good spring horn hunting and fencing boot while they lasted.

I must have got a good pair, got to 30yds when I stalked my mule deer buck this year in my uninsulated MTN extremes, never knew I was there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
fort fireman
I’m not a fan of the Kenetreks. They are way too noisy and they don’t last half as long as other boots I have used. They do have good ankle support though. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

We'll see. I may be disappointed when I get them. However several of the guys I;m going to hunt with out in Montana next fall run them and to a man suggested them. Maybe they are all wrong.

I will say I;m not used to paying that kind of money for boots and didn't take the choice lightly. I'm used to running Salomon 4D quest in Nc but I needed something a bit warmer for Montana in the End of October beginning of November.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You’ll be happy with them. Go on several short hikes with them and break them in. I run both insulated on noninsulated. A lot of guys really like replacing the foot soles with some inserts of their choice. Try that out too.

Stalker69

WKR
Was looking at some hard scrabbles, but dang they stiff and heavy for my likes. Felt comfortable though, I will check them out again, thanks

The soles are so hard that they just make noise upon contact with the ground. You don’t notice it in soft dirt. The PH in South Africa said he had to avoid areas with any rocks if his hunters had Kenetrek boots.

He named a few other brands that he disliked because of the noise too. After I changed boots it sure was easier to get closer to game.

Rock-o

WKR
I've seen outfitters and guides have minimum caliber/catridge requirements and not allowing muzzle brakes but boots, boots!, that's a new one! Sounds like crazy talk to me but to each their own.

Surely Crispi is another no-go since their soles, in my almost non-existent experience, seem to be harder.

Kenetrek and Crispi need to come out with a new line of stepping-quietly-on-rocks-in-South-Africa boots. They could borrow some design elements from the brand of ninja boots you switched to. Or maybe some hunters need to learn how to walk more stealthily.

They didn’t require any boots. They just discouraged ones that they have had poor experiences with. These guys only hunt over 300 days per year with every different type of equipment that is brought over—they’re probably not nearly as experienced as Rock-o though.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04