New bow bad shoulder

I’ve been shooting the same bow for 15 years. It’s a Mathews 41 a2a bow and at 60lbs I have no pain. It’s a dream to shoot.

I bought a V3 31 this summer and after a month had to sell it as it killed my old injury even at 50lbs. It was sell it, or surgery. I sold.

Id like to upgrade my bow, and take advantage of new bow speeds. Can anyone recommend a bow I should be looking at new, or released in the last 5 years? I’d like to get something with a decent A2A length, and hopefully shoot around 60lbs.

Easy draw and speed don't go together. I'm sure you can find something faster, but the speed is a function of work. That work is harder to pull back, even when it's the same poundage, to propel that arrow faster.

The Elite Energy bows were pretty easy. I think the Mathews no cam were pretty smooth as well.

Going to be hard to beat something like a Conquest tho for easy draw on a compound.

LostArra

WKR
I can vouch for the NoCam being easy on shoulders but as Billy Goat mentioned it does not have a reputation for speed (SloCam). At 60# mine has been a killer of elk, deer and hogs. Extremely quiet bow with 500gr arrow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
A Hoyt Double XL would get you some ATA length and should also be pretty forgiving on the shoulders, especially at 60lbs but it's no speed demon. Most everything I've shot at the dealers over the past 5 years has been pretty smooth except for turbo type models.

OR Archer

WKR
Sounds like you’re shooting an old Conquest. Anything that’s been produced in the last 5 years will be faster at 60# than your current bow. Probably even at 50# honestly. So if you have shoulder issues I’d stick to a 60# bow. Hoyt Ultras/Ventum33 or PSE EVL 34 would be good options. All draw real smooth especially at 60# and will give you quite a bit more speed.

Marble

WKR
I’ve been shooting the same bow for 15 years. It’s a Mathews 41 a2a bow and at 60lbs I have no pain. It’s a dream to shoot.

I bought a V3 31 this summer and after a month had to sell it as it killed my old injury even at 50lbs. It was sell it, or surgery. I sold.

Id like to upgrade my bow, and take advantage of new bow speeds. Can anyone recommend a bow I should be looking at new, or released in the last 5 years? I’d like to get something with a decent A2A length, and hopefully shoot around 60lbs.
After dealing with the same issues myself, it didn't matter what bow I shot if I wasn't working on shoulder issues. Meaning light weights, stretching and other strength exercises.

Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You can kill deer all day with 40 pounds. If you aren't comfortable with that, you can switch to a left hand bow. With a bit of practice you should be able to do it. I had to. It wasn't a cakewalk, but after the initial "No way I can do this", it wasn't that long before it was doable. Same thing happened when I lost a finger on my right hand. Switched some important tasks to my left hand, and I probably would have a hard time switching back now.

You can kill deer all day with 40 pounds. If you aren't comfortable with that, you can switch to a left hand bow. With a bit of practice you should be able to do it. I had to. It wasn't a cakewalk, but after the initial "No way I can do this", it wasn't that long before it was doable. Same thing happened when I lost a finger on my right hand. Switched some important tasks to my left hand, and I probably would have a hard time switching back now.

I always called that the stranger.

OP
C
I will wait and see what Hoyt comes out with. The shop I went to had quite a few RX5 units on the rack. If nothing shocking, maybe have the option to get a price break on them when the new stuff drops.

NY12020

FNG
Any of the PSE's with Evolve cams (most flexible cam ever made)...EVL, Evolve, Evoke, among others. I would also suggest avoiding the very high letoff bows; they tend to "dump" at the end of the draw cycle and are VERY hard on the shoulders if you have to let down.

Yooper

WKR
Any of the PSE's with Evolve cams (most flexible cam ever made)...EVL, Evolve, Evoke, among others. I would also suggest avoiding the very high letoff bows; they tend to "dump" at the end of the draw cycle and are VERY hard on the shoulders if you have to let down.
I agree 100% with this. The Evolve cam has been a dream to shoot for me (Mach 1) at 80% letoff. I'd highly recommend at least trying one out. I leave mine set at 65 and it's been a great mix of speed and smooth.