New bow for Michigan treestand/ground blind hunting

northman

FNG
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on a new bow for mostly treestand/ground blind hunting. Went to the bow shop, shot a lot of bows but am looking for others real world experience.

Below are what I shot:

Mathews VXR 31.5
Hoyt Axius
Hoyt RX-4 carbon
Bowtech Reckoning

My top 2 came down to the Reckoning and the VXR.
28" draw, 60lb draw weight

I will note that I have had 2 extensive reconstructive shoulder surgeries (mind you I'm only 25) so longevity, stability and ease of shooting are top priorities.

The longer ATA length of the Reckoning felt great for stability, but I'm not sure on usability hunting on the ground.

The compactness of the VXR seemed to fit the bill on ground blinds, but I worry about stability and string angle.

Any thoughts? Other bows I should try? I'm open to anything.

Thanks in advance!

BigWoods

WKR
The long riser on the VXR should go a long way to help with stability (it's longer than my traverse). Also, at 28", I doubt that string angle should be much of an problem for you with either, and the big cams on the VXR help out. I'm 29" with a traverse and the string angle is really nice. Mine set at 60lbs and is very smooth on the draw.

at 28 inches you won't have to worry about string angle. If you liked the reckoning then I would shoot the Revolt and Revolt X. Both of those would be similar but much easier to maneuver.

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot them all and decide. Short axel to axel was harder to shoot in the past, but my new bow is 30 and I shoot it better than my older 34 inch. All the brands you are looking at make a quality bow. I switched from Matthews to Hoyt last year, not because I think it's a better bow, but because it felt better and I shoot it better.