New Bow/New Stuff

N.ID7803

WKR
Alright I picked up a new to me bare Elite Enkore. What do I have to have for a new sight and rest? Old bow has Trophy Taker React 5 pin and a Rip-Cord rest. I mainly use my bow for elk and bear. I dont need fancy, just functional, reliable, and field tested good quality accessories. Thanks

This is a very open ended question but I'll give you my 2 cents. I would recommend a drop away rest whether that is limb driven or cable driven. That is personal preference. I have a QAD HDX and I really like it. As for sight this is a rabbit hole that never ends. I shoot a Single Pin HHA Tetra. I love the uncluttered sight picture and I have noticed better accuracy since I switched to a single pin. Though if an animal moves when you are at full draw it is harder to make a shot with a single pin vs a multiple pin in this example. A good 3-4 pin slider sight is something a lot of people like. You can have pins set at 20-30-40 and then that bottom pin can slide for those longer shots which is nice. A single pin sight that has multiple aiming points is also very popular. Spot Hogg triple stack for example. If I had to choose a sight with multiple pins this would be the one I would choose. You still get an uncluttered sight picture but have 3 aiming points which is really cool and you can still slide that bottom aiming point for longer shots. Do some research and it can really help in the deciding process.