New bow owner sight question

tony

WKR
Bought a Hoyt Powermac package bow last fall 60-70 pounds.
Replacing the site and I've pretty much decided on the Black Gold ascent verdict, the S&S built verdict or revenge.

Might be answering my own question here after reading the post on setting up the site from S&S.
Question is, I don't really have a way to gauge arrow speed and I'm still experimenting with arrows plus thats a whole topic its self!
The site tapes show FPS and I watched a video from Trophy ridge stating the need to know arrow speed for their react trio pro.
I've not seen much posted as far as arrow speed and using a slider type sight. And this recent post from S&S states setting the pins at 20-60

Anyone using the revenge sight? I'm still debating the type I want to buy. I live in WV and mostly hunt here and Ohio. One day I'd like to go west and hunt.
Any opinion on either? Adjustments? I'm really understanding micro gang? This moves the head around and not the pins?

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Hoyt Powermac package bow last fall 60-70 pounds.
Replacing the site and I've pretty much decided on the Black Gold ascent verdict, the S&S built verdict or revenge.

Might be answering my own question here after reading the post on setting up the site from S&S.
Question is, I don't really have a way to gauge arrow speed and I'm still experimenting with arrows plus thats a whole topic its self!
The site tapes show FPS and I watched a video from Trophy ridge stating the need to know arrow speed for their react trio pro.
I've not seen much posted as far as arrow speed and using a slider type sight. And this recent post from S&S states setting the pins at 20-60

Anyone using the revenge sight? I'm still debating the type I want to buy. I live in WV and mostly hunt here and Ohio. One day I'd like to go west and hunt.
Any opinion on either? Adjustments? I'm really understanding micro gang? This moves the head around and not the pins?

You don’t need to know your arrow speed. I use the ascent verdict, great sight, very well built. You getting a single or a multi-pin? If setting up a multi-pin you just set your pins the way you do any multi-pin sight.
•Raise the dial to top the sight out
•put a piece of masking tape where your sight tape would go
•using the bottom pin as your floater, dial the sight down and watch your point of impact and when it’s good put a mark on the tape, do this for multiple ranges beyond your bottom pin
•then find the ore-printed tape that most closely matches your marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk