New Bow= Paint

Estvold7

FNG
I ended up getting a Hoyt carbon element in max-1. But all the other parts stuck out like in shinne black, so I took it apart and sprayed it down with stone duracoat and all the accessories.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 182
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 180
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 193
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 206
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 193

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I wouldn't worry about the warranty. Hoyt's are the toughest baddest bows ever made and you won't ever "need" the warranty right?? Haha jk, looks cool man!

JNDEER

WKR
I wouldn't worry about the warranty. Hoyt's are the toughest baddest bows ever made and you won't ever "need" the warranty right?? Haha jk, looks cool man!

LOL

While pig hunting over the weekend I looked down to see a 6" sliver (splinter) on my bottom limb!! Going to try and take it back to the shop and see what can be done.

weaver

WKR
LOL

While pig hunting over the weekend I looked down to see a 6" sliver (splinter) on my bottom limb!! Going to try and take it back to the shop and see what can be done.

Its more then likely the outside "for looks" layer of the limb. Doesn't affect the integrity of the limb but they will still replace it...fairly common problem.

JNDEER

WKR
Weaver - I will try and post a pic later. I am fairly certain it is the actual limb, but I have been wrong before.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your kind splits like that your bow shop will send it back for warranty. However small I would replace it. In the meantime, cut the splintered area off, sand it down and that will help with further splintering.

Tilzbow

WKR
It might officially void the warranty but I took my Matrix completely apart last year including the mount for the sight/rest and the stabilizer to paint it all. I broke one of the washers that go under the safety torx screws while reassembling and messed things up pretty good yet Hoyt still took care of me. Per the warranty conditions they didn't have to repair it but they did.... Don't do this, the washers can't be found anywhere and Hoyt won't send them to you, I had to return the bow and buy a backup for deer season since it was only a week before I was leaving. Lesson learned, I hope......

Last edited:

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good Estvold! I just recently took my Spyder apart, stripped off the Max-1 paint and then painted it OD Green. I also sanded the paint off the side of the limbs so I could see the lamination.

Once I had the paint stripped I put everything back together. I really liked the look of bare aluminum, but felt it was a little too bright for hunting.

aluminum.jpg

DSC_1634.JPG

rhendrix

WKR
Looks good Estvold! I just recently took my Spyder apart, stripped off the Max-1 paint and then painted it OD Green. I also sanded the paint off the side of the limbs so I could see the lamination.

Once I had the paint stripped I put everything back together. I really liked the look of bare aluminum, but felt it was a little too bright for hunting.

aluminum.jpg

DSC_1634.JPG

Would you mind telling me how you stripped the paint off?

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Would you mind telling me how you stripped the paint off?

I used Rust-Oleum Aircraft Remover but I bet just about any paint stripper would work. Just sprayed it on, let it sit for about ten minutes and then used paper towels to wipe the paint off. I had to do some of it a couple times to get everything off. If there are things glued on that you don't want removed you will have to be careful around it because it will strip the glue as well.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/RUSTOLEUM-Aircraft-Remover-4YLE2?Pid=search

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
I used Brownells Aluma-Hyde II and it is self-priming on clean, bare metal. If painting over an existing paint it would require primer. If you were to use just a regular spray paint I would say you would need to put some primer down. I would recommend the Aluma-Hyde though. It seems really durable and went on great, they have a better spray nozzle than regular spray paint.