New bow sight

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the market for a new bow sight. Currently have an IQ 7 pin sight. I have always had fixed pin sights. And I dont mind them as I never pick the wrong pin. Just looking for an upgrade, maybe a couple fixed pins and 1 floating pin. What's everyone run on their setup?!! Thank you!

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t go wrong with Montana Black Gold sights.

The whitetail is an excellent sight if you want to get into the slider game without spending a fortune. Very high quality sight as well.
I was just looking at the whitetail online. So with the slide adjustment which pin actually moves?

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
It'll move the entire sight housing but your "floater" pin will typically be your bottom pin
Sorry I'm not catching on. So on the Black Gold Whitetail 3 pin sight, the bottom pin is floating pin? Or the sight housing moves and you use your 3 fixed pins at whatever yardage your dial is set at? Sorry I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to newer bow sights

Gobbler36

WKR
Mbg mountain lite or
Spott Hogg fast eddy regular or xl
Hha tetra 4 pin

these imo are the best offerings for hunters wanting more adjustability and little bit more precision, but yet simple to set up and bomb proof in harsh conditions.
comes down to price point and what trade offs you can live with

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I'm not catching on. So on the Black Gold Whitetail 3 pin sight, the bottom pin is floating pin? Or the sight housing moves and you use your 3 fixed pins at whatever yardage your dial is set at? Sorry I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to newer bow sights
Bottom pin is floater so whatever yardage your slider is set at is what your bottom pin is set at. Typically, 3rd pin is 40 yds so if you want to shoot 60 yds then you dial the slider to 60 and use your bottom pin

KSP277

WKR
Spot Hogg fast eddie XL 2 pin. I played this game 2 years ago when I switched over to a slider sight. No looking back. I basically ended up with 2 pins set at 20 and 35, I’ll shoot out to about 45 holding over or under, anything further and I’ll dial it to exactly what I need. Really happy with it

MBG 3 pin slider. I run an “accent verdict” I like the bottom pin to be the floater and a smaller diameter than the rest

You can use either of the pins for your floater, it doesn’t necessarily need to be your bottom pin.

It actually works quite well if you use your middle pin as your floater. That way if you need to adjust last minute after you have a yardage dialed in then you’ll have a pin at 10 yards closer, and one at 10 yards farther.

tsm213

FNG
I ran a spot Hogg fast eddie with a three pin. Worked very well. I made the bottom pin correspond with the sight tape. But I’ve switched to a Garmin zero and am never changing back lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used spot hogg for a long time and they are bombproof. This past year i switched to an Axcel AccuTouch multipin with slider and I have loved it. The carbon was initially a little bit of a concern but it has been bombproof. The microadjustability has been unbelievable and I've never shot better. Here's what I use: