New bow time

Zac

WKR
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with a Prime for my next bow if Mathews cant get their string game in order. The nock travel is on point with the new Mathews so makes tuning a dream. However I have heard Prime is just as good. Here's a QAD at 21 feet.

Attachments

• 20200516_093651.jpg
    20200516_093651.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 25

TX_Diver

WKR
I was in the local shop yesterday and ended up taking home the PSE Evo NTN.

The black 5 was a very close 2nd but I have a CT5 so didn't make sense to have both. If I didn't have a CT5 already I'd probably have got the black 5.

I'm shooting it at 30.5" and have no issues with the string angle. With the black 3 (same ATA) I was having to tilt my head quite a bit.

It's replacing an RX3 Ultra (for sale in the classifieds right now if that interests you).

Cheers

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with a Prime for my next bow if Mathews cant get their string game in order. The nock travel is on point with the new Mathews so makes tuning a dream. However I have heard Prime is just as good. Here's a QAD at 21 feet.

Seems like a roll of the dice if get good ones or bad ones. My brothers VXR the zebra strings are good. Mine were still creeping at shot 400 so I went to catfish customs and am now very pleased.

OR Archer

WKR
So, my triax is headed to a new home this evening and got me thinking about what to try next. Having a longer DL at 30"-30.5" makes the shorter bows a little more difficult but they are so much fun i keep trying them. every now and then i get lucky with the right setup and it just works. surprisingly it isn't always the flagship bows. in 2013 it was the 30" mission ballistic. that thing flat out shot and pointed well. it wasn't vibe free and had a horrible back wall but it shot out to distance on a pie plate. since then i've shot several bows that just didn't wow me until the triax came along. the funny thing is that with such a short string angle i was always fighting the short string angle and face contact which caused misses to the left when i wasn't paying close attention. otherwise it shot great and was as dead in the hand as i've had before.

others i've shot or owned in the recent past:
BT Realm
Elite Ritual 30
Prime Rize, Rival (a bit to long ata)
Bear Divergent

I like a quiet bow, limited vibes, excellent pointing ability and easy to tune (including DL). I've found that i get enough speed without needing to go to mods or DL specific cams, which leaves me to the likes of bear, bowtech and pse. i plan to track down a kuma 30 to shoot but wanted to check a few others out as well. any thoughts?

also, What's the last bow that wowed you?

If you haven't bought a bow already I have a brand new in the box Prime Black 5 for sale. Right hand and 70# in subalpine for $950 shipped.