New Bow---What Accessories?

DAD

FNG
Hey Y'all,

My father is getting a new bow for his western hunts. I'm sure the set up will need to be more advanced than the typical eastern tree stand hunting.

I need to know what gear that would best fit the western style of hunting.

Sight--I will probably purchase him a Black Gold sight.

Rest--?

Quiver--?

Stabilizer(s)--?

Dampeners--?

Arrows--?

Anything else?

Really it's personal opinion. Lots of good options, just need something to suit your needs for how you hunt. Some people like a slider sight, some prefer something simple they don't need to move.

I like a drop away rest that offers micro adjust, other guys don't worry about getting that precise with their tuning.

Stabilizers? I didn't run one this year out west, didn't want the extra weight, many guys will run a front and back bar setup that adds over a pound.

Arrows? Wow lots of options. Several threads here concerning things with that. I'd decide on an overall arrow weight, then build the best arrow you can afford to hit that goal.

Broadheads? Yeah, more opinions out there than arrows.

Fortunately lots of quality products out there to choose from.

Zac

WKR
Since you asked I will just tell you what I would get with an unlimited budget :)
Sight: Black Gold Pro
Rest: Hamskea Trinity/ AAE Prophecy (if he prefers cable driven)
Quiver: Tight Spot Rise 5 arrow quiver, or/ Conquest Quiver from Black Eagle (Double gripper if he shoots mechs)
Stabs: Either Conquest, or more preferrably Cutter Stabilizers out of Colorado. (super cool dude)
Arrows: Easton Axis with Iron Will components or Brass inserts/ Black Eagle Rampage with Iron Will components or the Focus system.
Release: Tru Ball Execution
Range Finder: Leupold Full Draw RX
Broadheads: Iron Will, Day 6, or Sevr if he is a mech guy

Zac

WKR
Almost forgot about this little gem.

I doubt my backup bow varies all that much from a tree stand setup and it got used on a few bulls without issue before I got my new bow. I'd set it up to feel like his old bow and use 450+ grain arrows if elk are on the list of hunts.