New Bow - Which One?

As stated above, don’t be afraid to look used or leftover. There are some great deals out there - especially if quiet is #1 then a used Triax, Vertix or Traverse.

If you look new or want Carbon don’t forget to check out PSE. I was a diehard Hoyt guy, but this years Mach1 changed that. Wish the ATA was longer, but it is very accurate for me and much deader than previous versions.

Jcros

FNG
I would definitely go shoot as many as them as you can. If you cant shoot a bow well then it doesnt matter how quiet it is. I would say the Mathews is the probably the quietest one on the market. I think the Bowtech has the smoothest draw and Prime has the best back wall. I just happen to shot the Primes the best. I loved my CT3 with no issues and moved up the to the Black 5, and so far I am shooting excellent. But I really liked the Mathews Traverse, it would be my number 2 bow.

TwoTikkas

WKR
The last time I went shopping I shot a half dozen different brands. It really helps. By all means hit a few quality bow shops. Preferably with someone on hand that knows what the hell he's doing. I shot Hoyt, Mathews, Bow Tech, Bear, Expedition and PSE. I ended up on the Mathews band wagon. There really wasn't a dud in the lot. All the aforementioned brands were in contention. I'm prone to go Mathews for all tie breakers. Just my quirk.

bignocks

FNG
went in totally thinking I was going to buy a mathews and left with an sr6. SO really only one question to ask yourself. Which one felt the best when you shot it?

Lots of great deals on Hoyt RX 3 and they are Awesome bows! Can get one close to Aluminum price now. Lots of reasons to get carbon give one a try

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Color me disappointed with this year's bows. I had my mind set that my old outdated 2018 Mathews Triax was gonna get replaced this year. I went down to a buddy's shop and he had 6 bows set up at my draw length ready to shoot. Every single one of them was totally underwhelming and little to no improvement over the Triax. It's weird to because I am not all that fond of the Triax. Probably one of my least favorite bows in a while. I am going to go in for round 2 this friday and see if I can convince my self to buy a new one. It's like my pocket is on fire but this year's bows are water. I shot Bowtech, Mathews, PSE, Hoyt and Elite. Out of all of them, as much as I want to switch from Mathews, the VXR 31.5 was my favorite. I am hoping for a different outcome this Friday.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Hoyt RX4 Turbo (Carbon). I've been shooting bows for about 20 years now. It's an amazing piece of machinery.

Highly recommend.

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt RX-4 series or if the cost is an issue Hoyt Axius both bows are killer ... I prefer the Hoyts grip ATA length weight and draw cycle /valley/back wall over the the Mathews this year just my opinion but all nice bows

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
Gonna have an RX-4 Alpha #3 cam 70lb limbs which was a back up bow never used or shot other than pro shop tuning for grabs shortly someone will save hundreds on this package things mint n loaded

Attachments

• D2F45C64-E299-49C4-ACAD-9D1FFCD2C8FE.jpeg
    D2F45C64-E299-49C4-ACAD-9D1FFCD2C8FE.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 28

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I had a triax and loved it. My buddy offered me almost full price for it. Decided to buy an older bow for a back up and went back to a Mathews chill. I forgot how light and forgiving that bow was. I will probably end up with a VXR 28 but will keep the chill.

Marble

WKR
Dang I got two bows, one 6years old, the other 4 or 5. I really like them both. Maybe next season.

I have to find a screaming deal to part with one of them.

I went in the shop and tried all of the aforementioned bows. They were all awesome as stated above and it was a pretty tough choice but I ended up with the bowtech revolt x. It came down between the revolt and the Matthews VXR 31.5 but in the end the bowtech felt lighter and svelter in hand. The draw cycle is incredible! Plus I found one in kuiu vias which tickled my nerdy side!

Last edited:

stonewall

WKR
i also shoot a chill. the vxr really caught my eye this year, but I'm staying put

this deadlock thing from bowtech looks pretty cool:

I'd want to know for certain that it wouldn't come loose with time. with mathews, it's a pain to mess with the top hats, but once it's there it's not moving

stonewall

WKR
I went in the shop and tried all of the aforementioned bows. They were all awesome as stated above and it was a pretty tough choice but I ended up with the bowtech revolt x. It came down between the revolt and the Matthews VXR 31.5 but in the end the bowtech felt lighter and svelter in hand. The draw cycle is incredible! Plus I found one in kuiu vias which tickled my nerdy side!
congrats on the new bow