New brand of freeze dried food I just found

Anyone tried one of these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-212621_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210224-212621_Chrome.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 238
OP
H
How do they compare on price to other brands and do they taste as good as they look?

reaper

WKR
How do they compare on price to other brands and do they taste as good as they look?
They are better than all the mountain House or other salty brands...I do my own now but I have use Appy Yak a lot,better taste and better price but still pricey for what it is,this is why I do my own.

They are from Quebec,Canada.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I just recommended this in another thread as well. Fantastic company, slightly higher priced, I think then MTn House/backcounty pantry junk. However you are getting high quality food. The meals actually look like the pictures on the labels for once, nice chunks of meat, veggies, etc.

I've yet to find a bad meal from them.

jaslam

FNG
Looks good. I checked their site, does not look like they have any distributors in the US yet. Will need to wait till my next trip to Canada to try this

mlgc20

WKR
$21 for 2 serving. Peak Refuel is $9 at Midway.

hard pass
Exactly. I was interested in their Pad Thai a while back. I went to their website and it was $25 for a 2 serving meal. I thought it might be a joke. I will stick with Peak Refuel and Packit Gourmet.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly. I was interested in their Pad Thai a while back. I went to their website and it was $25 for a 2 serving meal. I thought it might be a joke. I will stick with Peak Refuel and Packit Gourmet.
Where are you seeing 25/meal? It's listed as 15.99cdn/meal which is like 10-12usd.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
ce6c0d764f00dde6fe7b36223e2e74de.jpg

Thanks for this post/thread. I was just talking to a friend of mine about maybe getting some of these meals...not so much for hunting but as a "Just in Case" thing.

mlgc20

WKR
Where are you seeing 25/meal? It's listed as 15.99cdn/meal which is like 10-12usd.

ce6c0d764f00dde6fe7b36223e2e74de.jpg
That was on the Happy Yak website. Looks like they’ve removed the pad Thai from the site since I last looked. But, it was listed as $24.99 USD. Similarly, their teriyaki rice is listed at $20.99 USD. Looks like the site you mentioned has them cheaper.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
My bad thought I clicked on happy yak. I see for the 2 servi g it is 25usd, hmm. That's odd. I know I've bought them locally here I. Edmonton for like 14cdn as.i have an entire pantry full of them .

If the border ever opens, and I make it down to the us, I'm grab ya some if you want and ship.it to ya. Even at 25 it's well worth the price. I like Peak and packet gourmet, but the quality of food from Happy Yak is better IMO, I've tried.others over the last little while.
Everyone so far I've tried tastes fantastic and looks like actual food instead of mush, mind you some of those.meals that look like kush are delicious.

Really btw the three (peak, packet gourmet and happy yak) you cannot go wrong. I'm just glad.kts.not mountain House, backcountry pantry and whatever other junk isout there that is commonly sold.

reaper

WKR
My bad thought I clicked on happy yak. I see for the 2 servi g it is 25usd, hmm. That's odd. I know I've bought them locally here I. Edmonton for like 14cdn as.i have an entire pantry full of them .

If the border ever opens, and I make it down to the us, I'm grab ya some if you want and ship.it to ya. Even at 25 it's well worth the price. I like Peak and packet gourmet, but the quality of food from Happy Yak is better IMO, I've tried.others over the last little while.
Everyone so far I've tried tastes fantastic and looks like actual food instead of mush, mind you some of those.meals that look like kush are delicious.

Really btw the three (peak, packet gourmet and happy yak) you cannot go wrong. I'm just glad.kts.not mountain House, backcountry pantry and whatever other junk isout there that is commonly sold.

Yeah they are expensive but they are good...at the end I still prefer to do my own and there is some other cheap good options like ramen.
PXL_20210307_183525097.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk