New Broadhead: Iron Will WIDE--First Vid Test

Bowhuntr64

I've been able to test the much anticipated Iron Will WIDE this last Fall. What a great broadhead. It measures 1 3/8" wide with 3/4" bleeders. The blades are A2 tool steel and the ferrules are the same Grade 5 Titanium ones used in some of their other heads. The Wide blades can be used on any of the Titanium Ferrules.

Check it out:

brsnow

Thank you, so they won’t work with the steel ferrule? I believe only 100 grain and 125s are titanium.

RampartLB

I always get confused on these steel sheet tests, 22ga is right around 1/32”. I guess it’s just to show the hole size comparison? I have a hard enough time tuning smaller heads so we will see, i guess that’s more on me though.

HuntWyld

Curious to see if the loss of penetration will be significant in real world use.

alexanderg23

For the $ they could coat them with black Teflon or nitride or something to prevent rust. They rust just looking at water. And the knife was a ripoff. Horrible finishing. The handle would almost cut you trying to use it, but finishing after it was cut.

Desk Jockey

How is the noise? Having been looking at their solids based on feedback that the vented heads whistle or wine in flight. Curious if the sides are the same given the similarity of design.

Stalker69

When I saw "wide" I was expecting to see something along the 1.75" range.
Yea, the German kinetic XXL is “ wide” at 1 7/8” and a great head. In fact the GK XL at 1 1/2” is still wider then this head. And I have never had a rust issue of any kind with the GK’s. I shot the iron will “ std” for a time and didn’t have any issues, they worked as they should. This should be a great seller for them.

Fullfan

Just can not see flinging a 30.00 broadhead, the last 4 arrows I shot at elk were not recovered. And a 10.00 Magnus Black hornet with a life time warrantee is a lil easier to swallow when lost.

Recurveaholic

Really you only have to worry about decreased penetration if it hits bone and with a wider broadened hitting bone is more likely! Shooting traditional bows we shoot some pretty wide broadheads and as long as it is set up correctly penetration is not a problem!

Brandon_SPC

For the $ they could coat them with black Teflon or nitride or something to prevent rust. They rust just looking at water. And the knife was a ripoff. Horrible finishing. The handle would almost cut you trying to use it, but finishing after it was cut.
I will agree to this especially at that price. We see bone, cutthroat, VPA, etc all have some kind of coating.

Trial153

Wow, the size difference is significant.
I think that Bills recommendation for deer and black bear size game under 50 yards is going to be spot on.
These are profiled significantly bigger then standards. I my experience at longer distances hend this size will be more touchy. No doubt they will take more force to push on though game.
One or two might find my way into my quiver elk or moose for the odd spots where i know for a fact the shot is going to be in my lap. Otherwise i sticking to the standard size.
The blades fit the standard ferrules also FYI.
Here is side buy side with vented 125 regulars vs 125 wides.