New Broadhead on the market!

cmeier117

WKR
I am getting some of these heads to try out. They are machined from quality knife grade steel and are hardened to RC 58-59. 100% steel construction and 100% made in Boise, ID USA. Specs are 1-1/8 main blade, 1/2" bleeder. Overall length is 1-1/4" They will be available in 100 and 125 and also I will have ferrules ready in July to fit injexions. The main blade is a really high end knife steel, no other manufacture even comes close to this steel. (So I am told) You guys think they will kill an elk?

Last edited:
OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
SSBH.jpg

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Yes it is Steve Specks head. He said in a week he will have the website up. I think this will be a good option for guys shooting the injextions. Hopefully more arrow companies will start making heads for the Deep six inserts.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
They do look awsome and i am sure the quality is as good as it gets but i dont know if i can get myself to spend that much money, have to wait and see the reviews.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I hear you on the money... There are a lot of great heads out there for $30-$40. But I will keep you all posted on what I find out.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look pretty deadly - shorter than most 2-blade designs. Be interesting to see if they will spin consistently straight with the clamping action from the screw. How do the bleeders attach/lock in? Main blade looks thick - .060"? Great to see another BH option for the Injexion shaft - loving mine...

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Main blade is .062 and bleeder is .04. The screw locks in the main blade and bleeder blade some how and he said they will spin true every time as long as your insert is square because of that screw tightening everything down. All will be spin tested before leaving the shop and leather stropped so they will be razor sharp.

Look pretty deadly - shorter than most 2-blade designs. Be interesting to see if they will spin consistently straight with the clamping action from the screw. How do the bleeders attach/lock in? Main blade looks thick - .060"? Great to see another BH option for the Injexion shaft - loving mine...

Darin,
The screw doesn't really clamp it down, just holds everything together. When I designed the head there is actually four different places where the tolerances are such that it guarantees everything lines up. The main blade has a point that sticks out and when you slide it into the ferrule it locks it in place, also it wraps over the top of the ferrule as another check. The bleeder blade then slides into the center of the main blade and there is a notch in the ferrule that locks all three together.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Darin,
The screw doesn't really clamp it down, just holds everything together. When I designed the head there is actually four different places where the tolerances are such that it guarantees everything lines up. The main blade has a point that sticks out and when you slide it into the ferrule it locks it in place, also it wraps over the top of the ferrule as another check. The bleeder blade then slides into the center of the main blade and there is a notch in the ferrule that locks all three together.

Looks/Sounds wicked tough... Got any protos done? I'm fixin' to kill something tonight with an Injexion! Might be able to post a terminal performance report tomorrow! You can PM me, I'm in Boise/Meridian.

Coop

Looks/Sounds wicked tough... Got any protos done? I'm fixin' to kill something tonight with an Injexion! Might be able to post a terminal performance report tomorrow! You can PM me, I'm in Boise/Meridian.

Coop

I'd love to man but I don't have any Inejexion ones on hand, just standard. The Inejexion's won't be ready until mid July. If you can use a standard one I'd be happy to get you one.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Steve!

I'm kind of locked in on the Injexions for now, but I could shoot them off my back-up carbon matrix. We should have Charlie post a little terminal performance report on the bear from my trail camera photos post in the BEAR section of the forum. I didn't realize he shot it with one of your heads! Very impressive, through the shoulder on a giant bear. That's a good testimonial! BTW, nobody that knows Charlie personally is eligible for the prize for the winning guess on the score of his bear.

Look forward to seeing the broadheads in person man - nice work!

Coop

This head looks very interesting. I knew exactly what you were talking about since I receive Steve's newsletter. Great work Steve!

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
"The main blade is a really high end knife steel, no other manufacture even comes close to this steel."

Whats high end knife steel? S30V, S35VN, D2.......... Or is it secret?

There are so many flavors of knife steel that saying its "high end" doesnt say much.

"The main blade is a really high end knife steel, no other manufacture even comes close to this steel."

Whats high end knife steel? S30V, S35VN, D2.......... Or is it secret?

There are so many flavors of knife steel that saying its "high end" doesnt say much.

I've just been holding off on releasing the steel until all the details were worked out and finalized. I'll be launching the site here really soon but I can say its in your list there.

dotman

WKR
So will they have to be sent off to be resharpened? I only shoot broad heads so they have to be sharpend before the start of the season.