New Broken Strings

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone seen something like this before?
I was shooting my third course, half way through, settling pin on target using a hinge release and instead of a click, I got a popnwap. These strings have about 200 shots on them and I wasnt traversing through any crazy country where they would have been snagged or anything.

What are my odds of getting them replaced under the 2 year warranty? This broke in Montana. I live in Utah an am supposed to shoot TAC again Saturday.
Anyone think the a shop could order a new set and have them installed in time? I was looking at new bows earlier this year. Would a new bow be faster than new strings to get shooting this weekend??

Attachments

• 20200719_141329.jpg
    20200719_141329.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200719_140327.jpg
    20200719_140327.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 108

NYSKIER

WKR
Who is the maker? Also why do you note a 2 year warranty? Who is that warranty from? You could get new strings in a short period of time and be shooting in no time assuming you want to use the strings that the shop has in stock. You could always just get a new bow and now you'd have a backup once you got strings put on. It's really your choice, assuming you had an arrow knocked and nothing else was damaged strings won't run you anything near the cost of a new bow

Firehawk

WKR
There is a guy in Lehi that does really really nice work. He can build them and then tune your bow back up. Kenneth Oetker, Dark Archer Customs. Give him a shout and see what he can do.

If they are under warranty, I would see what your pro shop can get figured out. I am in the same boat as my serving on the loop on my cable is coming undone. Hoyt is warrantying them, but I may not have them back before I shoot on Friday at TAC. Glad I have my back up bow and took her out to 100 yards last night.

Good luck!

87TT

WKR
Even if the warranty was good, I am not sure I would ever trust that brand again.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
There is a guy in Lehi that does really really nice work. He can build them and then tune your bow back up. Kenneth Oetker, Dark Archer Customs. Give him a shout and see what he can do.

If they are under warranty, I would see what your pro shop can get figured out. I am in the same boat as my serving on the loop on my cable is coming undone. Hoyt is warrantying them, but I may not have them back before I shoot on Friday at TAC. Glad I have my back up bow and took her out to 100 yards last night.

Good luck!
+1
sam.jpg

a.jpg

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider

Good luck!
Ken is the man! Have had his strings on my bows for three years.

Is this a prime and your referring to the 2 year string replacement?

New strings aren't going to take long to be shooting again, provided two things. Good strings that don't require much settling (strings really shouldn't, a few shots should really be it). Also that you know what your measurements were prior. ATA, brace height, draw length, and draw weight. Of course also your nock point, peep height, and anything else you might have like kisser button.

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider

Good luck!

I am about 30 minutes north of salt lake. The guys at that shop are pretty awesome and I'm sure theyll do what they can to get me back up and running. I want to just buy new strings but I mean 2 months into a premium set of strings...this shouldnt have have happened.

Where did it snap? at the peep? Where did the arrow go?

It snapped just beyond the cam toward the peep. The arrow ended up about 5-10 feet in front of me. Like a dead fish flopped off my bow or something. I thought it shot into the target at first. but nope.

I dont want to mention a maker but I will say they arent a small company. The two year Warranty comes with the "premium" set I bought.

At the very least getting a new set under warranty to sell the bow to help pay for a flagship would awesome just to get myself to shoot woth my son this weekend and have a new bow in the long run. I guess at the very leastest (if that's possible) a new set of strings to be able to hunt on the antlerless deer tag I have for August 1st.

Trust me, I want to drive straight to Lehi or even Logan to buy new strings to for sure shoot this weekend. I just have a hard time paying for new strings when I dont feel like I should have to. But maybe I will have to? We shall see tomorrow morning.
I'll report back.

Last edited:

HIBigBoar

FNG
34D1F471-1433-40D8-98C9-6A134136ED71.png

These guys?

When did you put on the strings? Do you carry your bow by the string?

ETA , try run a qtip on the cam see if it snags on-a burr.

Last edited:
OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Im not saying anything until I get further into this process later today.

Last edited:
OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Ended up with that. Oh, and a charge to get the strings sooner. No, I didnt get them replaced under warranty. I really like the guy who helps me at the shop. He doesnt BS me or try to sell me anything. I was told most likely I partial dry fired and it did that. Platinum strings from ABB did that under a partial dry fire..

. Partial dry fire. I'm paying for a new string, singular. Just the string. $40 + $15 to get them here made and fast. I guess if strings have issues or break any string company could come up with reasoning why and it not be covered under Warranty. They are making them fast and trying to get them here and the shop is going to get them on quicker than they could considering they are so busy.
Thing is, I took all of my accessories because I bought a bow that actually fits me better. So if they get the strings and can do it, all of it has to go back on. They couldnt setup my new bow because there are so many bows ahead of mine it being so close to season opener. So if the strings come arent they going to have to do similar stuff to me old bow?

Anyways, now I am trying to find someone, anyone near me to help me get my new bow setup.

I figure at this point I've doubled my odds of shooting with my son this weekend. I cant believe this happened but in the end I'll have a brand new bow with a longer ATA that actually fits my frame better. Just gotta get it setup now. 🤦‍♂️😝🤣

What do you guys think? Did I get hosed over?

Attachments

• 20200721_184201.jpg
    20200721_184201.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200721_184229.jpg
    20200721_184229.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 20

HIBigBoar

FNG
So arrow wasn’t nocked or something? How do you partially dry fire?

Glad your getting sorted and will be able to continue on.

Firehawk

WKR
I think your shop is the same as my shop. They are terrific people, really good bow techs and VERY busy right now. These guys are working til very late every night/morning, all weekend and Monday even though they are closed Sun/Mon. While I was there today trying to get mine sorted out, they sold 6 bows. SIX bows in an hour and the tech I was talking to said he figures he will be there until 4AM tonight. When I left the back area there were no less than 10 people waiting in line to check out or get help. Been that way for several months now.

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
So arrow wasn’t nocked or something? How do you partially dry fire?

Glad your getting sorted and will be able to continue on.

That was one of many reasons they said it 'probably' happened. Whatever it was it wasnt the manufacturer. And really I was thinking about it, they could say anything to make it that way and i wouldnt be able to prove much of anything. Is what it is.

I think your shop is the same as my shop. They are terrific people, really good bow techs and VERY busy right now. These guys are working til very late every night/morning, all weekend and Monday even though they are closed Sun/Mon. While I was there today trying to get mine sorted out, they sold 6 bows. SIX bows in an hour and the tech I was talking to said he figures he will be there until 4AM tonight. When I left the back area there were no less than 10 people waiting in line to check out or get help. Been that way for several months now.

Yeah these guys are working a lot of hours. The state of our country has people reaching for anything outdoors it seems this year.

On that note. Long story short I found a guy who is better than any shop I know of. He has literally everything to do bow work ok his downstairs including making strings. I got really lucky finding him and having time to do it. He did everything you could possibly do minis bare shaft/broadhead tuning. Custom sight tape...the entire nine yards.

I'm the end, I'll be able to shoot this weekend with a brand new very well setup personalized bow.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
That was one of many reasons they said it 'probably' happened. Whatever it was it wasnt the manufacturer. And really I was thinking about it, they could say anything to make it that way and i wouldnt be able to prove much of anything. Is what it is.

Yeah these guys are working a lot of hours. The state of our country has people reaching for anything outdoors it seems this year.

On that note. Long story short I found a guy who is better than any shop I know of. He has literally everything to do bow work ok his downstairs including making strings. I got really lucky finding him and having time to do it. He did everything you could possibly do minis bare shaft/broadhead tuning. Custom sight tape...the entire nine yards.

I'm the end, I'll be able to shoot this weekend with a brand new very well setup personalized bow.

Good deal man, it seems those people exist and just enjoy doing it for what it costs to bring over a case of beer. I've had several sets of cables go on me and I had some good friends rush me some so I could still do my 3D shoots.

Odd a set of ABB went out like that. IF you still have that arrow, look at your nock and see if it has any damage or fits snug on your serving. Maybe it was loose and as someone else said caused it to be a dry fire?

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I live on the North end of Davis county. I've been going to Wild Arrow but the guy I met taught me way more then I could ever ask for and did the work after I bought the bow.
They're good guys just super duper busy