New browning external frame pack

Just saw they came out with a 3600 and 5500 cu in packs. Have a carbon frame kinda like kuiu or IA. Guess this is the year of new pack companies curious what they will cost. Generally a big fan of browning but I don't think backpacks will be a niche for them.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah not a bad layout, great price, included rain fly and bow carrier.
Glad to see some new blood in the game mixing it up

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
You can get a really good standard backpacking pack for $399. Is this going to haul loads better than one of those? Are the fabrics and foams and stitching in a "Browning" pack going to be as good as a $399 Osprey or Gregory?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would love to see it in person, check the construction quality.

Alps is making it for them probably. While alps isn’t what many here consider top tier, it’s lacking only in function. Not construction. So, I’m betting it will withstand use just fine. If it’ll function for that use. I’m sure it will too having owned and used multiple alps gear. Browning does indeed rebrand everything it sells these days. But, it’s good gear in my experience.

Their discontinued Tommy boy puffer jacket is better then any I’ve owned. Big names and all. 200 gram of pro aloft, weighs 16 ounces. I’ve wore it to single digits and stayed toasty. Packs up into a 1.5 liter dray sack too.

I hooked my browning glacier tent with my trekking poles coming out of it one morning. Tore the zipper seam loose from the stitching. I called them, told them what had happened, asked to send it in for repairs. The rep asked for pics. I sent them. He called back in ten 10 minutes and gave me tracking on a brand new one. I explained it was my fault. He said no worries. Use a little tenacious tape and now you’ll have two of them.

I’m betting the pack will do great if you can live with the waist belt.

aion2come

WKR
Very interesting. First impressions are pretty good for me. Love the size and layout of the bag. I'd love to see how it feels and performs under weight. That is where we are going to find out all we need to know about the frame, hipbelt, and harness. If I was taking a sight-unseen gamble - I would drop the $$ on this well before the $$$$ on the Forloh pack system.

Clarktar

WKR
Someone get this to the guy wants to haul an elk out on a DIY stretcher!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

parshal

WKR
I picked up the smaller size on a NRL Hunter prize table. I have/had Kifaru, Exo and SG. This pack is for real. Very well thought out and quite light. Quality construction. The guy in the video actually walked me through the whole pack which he had a large hand in designing.

I picked up the smaller size on a NRL Hunter prize table. I have/had Kifaru, Exo and SG. This pack is for real. Very well thought out and quite light. Quality construction. The guy in the video actually walked me through the whole pack which he had a large hand in designing.
Now that you have had the pack for a season what are your thoughts?