New Browning Recoil Hawg muzzle brake

WKR

WKR
Anyone try one of those new browning brakes on their x-bolt?
And where did you find it? Everywhere I have looked is sold out or on backorder

Last edited:
Looks like a nice design. Port design is similar to a heathen brake with a different self timing method. The website says 1/2 and 3/4” thread pitches but HC speed, pro, and other sporter models have the oddball 13mm threads.

Dcrafton

WKR
Anyone try one of those new browning brakes on their x-bolt?
And where did you find it? Everywhere I have looked is sold out or on backorder

Yes I have, I used there protocol-type as it was in its design phase and a finished product. I only used it on my 25 PRC and on my buddies 300 PRC. It was designed more for large magnums, it works great for recoil reduction.
Very easy to install and tune. Comes with the tool needed to tighten the nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ba656ca6d8b0182fbb1cad3bb556f257.jpg

Last edited:
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Yes I have, I used there protocol-type as it was in its design phase and a finished product. I only used it on my 25 PRC and on my buddies 300 PRC. It was designed more for large magnums, it works great for recoil reduction.
Very easy to install and tune. Comes with the tool needed to tighten the nut.

ba656ca6d8b0182fbb1cad3bb556f257.jpg
What model x-bolt did you put it on?

BCD

WKR
Looks like a nice design. Port design is similar to a heathen brake with a different self timing method. The website says 1/2 and 3/4” thread pitches but HC speed, pro, and other sporter models have the oddball 13mm threads.
I called Browning- they don't make this with the 13mm threads which really sucks!

I've only seen them back ordered too! Has anyone managed to get their hands on the Burnt bronze one? I wonder if it really matches the hells canyon?

Dcrafton

WKR
I've only seen them back ordered too! Has anyone managed to get their hands on the Burnt bronze one? I wonder if it really matches the hells canyon?

I have used a few of them, yes they match the color and they work awesome. Very easy to install and tune.

I have used a few of them, yes they match the color and they work awesome. Very easy to install and tune.

Thanks man! Whenever they come back in stock I think I'll have to get my hands on one!

DPR64

Lil-Rokslider
Curious to know how much it reduces the recoil of a Xbolt in 6.5 creedmoor vs the standard cylindrical muzzle brake.....

These are back in stock on the browning.com site

Tx270WT

FNG
Curious if it will get more standardized across the rest of the xbolt line up

Dcrafton

WKR
Curious to know how much it reduces the recoil of a Xbolt in 6.5 creedmoor vs the standard cylindrical muzzle brake.....

It’s recoil reduction is great, they were designed for large caliber rifles (300 ultra style and larger) but they will be available on most all calibers.