New BT1!

Slim Jim

WKR
It arrived exactly when Kifaru predicted. Props to a great company and product very well made right here in the US. First impression when I opened the box was WOW! Great craftsmanship and how the hell am I ever going to figure out all these options. After messing with it for a while, loading all my gear and food, it is amazingly comfortable and easy to figure out. I'm sure that I could still do a little adjusting to make it even more comfy. I'll be going for a hike here in the next couple of days and I'll do a small review (unless everyone is tired of hearing about these packs).

When I started going backcountry years ago I started with a cheap bag from bass pro because it had all the different compartments for gear but when I had to get my first animal out of the backcountry I had to make a couple trips and it wasn't very comfortable. Then I stepped up to an eberlestock j34 because of the rifle scabbard and how it expanded to carry loads. That bag KILLED my shoulders but did the job and got my gear and a deboned muley out of the backcountry in one trip. Thanks to Rokslide and all the veteran members here, when I signed up to this forum last spring I came into a wealth of knowledge and quickly learned that I needed to once again step it up. If any of you new guys are looking for a pack please just save enough for a high end pack. Your body will thank you.

Just few pics
B676D1D3-87EB-41C9-8C97-B6EE86699A3A-1651-000001027D5C6D7D_zps328b42e9.jpg

F9B1D67A-C11B-4B23-9CDD-65A3175D8F28-1651-000001027F8A7555_zps9a7cf591.jpg

1CCEACB5-C67B-42BB-959F-9749F2DD1A71-1659-0000010676F1FA61_zps18755d98.jpg

7C5ACBFF-B73E-4B21-B414-65A6B6848BAF-1659-0000010678DA4A1E_zps251c2a6b.jpg

Craig4791

WKR
Looks great! Love the Foilage. I ve got a Foilage bikini/highcamp coming at the end of the month.

Manosteel

WKR
Looks awesome, you guys are killing me with getting your packs in on the first wave! I still have a month and bit to wait.

BTW how tall are you and what size stays did you go with?

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Thanks guys!
Manosteel, I'm 6' 185lbs. and I got the 26" stays. In the pic I had them pulled in tight to my body. I was playing around with all adjustments. It felt like is was barreling a little so I pulled them in tight. I probably didn't need to. I love how most of the weight is distributed on the lumbar and not dragging down on your shoulders. The load lifters are great!

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I had my BT1 all designed in my head, in Highlander... But I like this one a lot and it saves me some money too. Decisions.......

bandit1

FNG
Sweet. My black/foliage bikini/DT2 is on the brown truck "out for delivery". Yours is the first I've seen with those colors, it looks awesome! Glad I went with it.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I went for a hike today and this pack and frame is rediculous! I hiked a good distance with complete comfort. The 26" stays take the load completely off of the shoulders. I only have my previous eberlestock and some other cheap packs to compare it to but the Kifaru is UNBELIEVABLE. If you were to take your finger and try and slide it under the shoulder strap at the collar bone or trap with the eberlestock, you would be cutting off circulation in your finger. It was very tight and killed the shoulders with a load. With the Kifaru, there is room to slide your finger right in. The shoulder straps on the BT1 seem to just hold the pack stable with the load lifters pulled in snug. The weight is distributed in the lumbar area so all you need are healthy legs. Another great feature was the waist belt. At the beginning of the hike I just snugged the belt and cinched the the side compression delta straps firm but not tight. After about 3 miles in I felt the lower end of the lumbar pad resting on my tailbone. I figured I didn't have the straps tightened correctly so I tightened the belt and sucked in the upper delta strap and Kapow! The lumbar pad sucked in perfectly to my lower back and made the 50lb pack feel like nothing. I'm excited to carry out an animal from the backcountry in it. I cant say enough about the BT1. For those looking to get one you will be sooooo glad you did. Thank you Kifaru!