Edit

Are there deer in the area? If I owned land there I would look at planting something to bring the deer onto the property..... maybe some Oaks, would fruit trees work there? alfalfa?

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yes there are deer on the neighboring properties. The issue is, I am surrounded by water on all sides (aqueduct system and forebays/reservoirs). Also to the north and east there are major roadways they would have to cross the get onto my property and then have to cross the aqueduct. I am hoping to plant about 80-100 acres of a forage mix forage for horse feed this spring. Would need to plant cottonwoods or something similar as the water table is too high for oaks. We have some really old cottonwoods on the property already. It's a great deer habitat other than lack of cover, year round stream and a year round spring for water as well. Rolling hills and a shallow canyon.

Sounds like with some work you might be able to get some deer on the property eventually.
Just an FYI. This totally sucks man!

MT_Archer

FNG
Yea he is! You think CA will refund my $3 bobcat tag since the season is canceled!🤔😁

I believe the current bobcat season is still open.....at least until Jan 1, 2020 when the new law kicks in. Might be worth it hunting bobcat one last time before it closes for good.

It is currently open and I do agree I think it closes Jan 2020 or so I’ve heard. Hope everyone can get one last bobcat hunt.