NEW Canvas Cutter Summit ?

Did anyone else see this new CC Summit bivy/tarp thing?

It doesn't seem like it packs down as small as others in the top-of-the-line world - SG or Kifaru - but it's only a couple ounces more than the SG Skyair ULT when you add the mosquito net and vestibule.

EDIT: They're still using it as a bedroll so all the sleeping bag and pad are rolled up in it... didn't realize that.

If anyone's gotten their hands on one of these bad boys, I'd love to hear what they thought.

Man I'm all about the simplicity of just throwing something down and going to sleep. But if your actually going to put it on you back, I'd suggest a lightweight tarp and bivy.
For about half the weight you will have a place to sit and eat, a glassing tarp. A wind break. Intermittent rain storm protection.
And a bug bivy burrito.
My tarp and bivy are Jimmy tarps but I think he's done for.
Id check out seek and Viam for tarps.
And borah for a bivy.
This is how I set up my tarp most of the times.
Sorry no outback pictures im just not much of a picture taker.
20190520_135044.jpg

I've had my original CC Dominator basically since they came out and I've spent many nights in it as well as a few full days enclosed inside of it waiting out storms. Great fair-weather piece of gear, can't beat the ease of driving up to a camp and rolling it out.

That being said a tent for backcountry hunting has a 100:1 advantage in comfort and time passing ability. Not being able to really sit up fully (more like a 45º angle for me with the CC zipped up) or stretch your arms is a challenge.

As good of an idea as it seems, I personally wouldn't buy one based off my experience with other bivvy's.