New CD WF21 showed up in the mail today!

DEW0341

WKR
Just showed up in the mail today along with a lot of other goods. I’m still waiting on my strings to show up in the mail hopefully next Tuesday. Will be shooting it with some medium trad techs and long Uukha sx50’s. Pretty excited. This is my first ILF bow but if their is any information I can provide to you all please let me know, I’ll share what I can!
d0571b70fcb4918f93eb13977c6909ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobinmi

WKR
Thats a nice looking setup. I'll be ordering one this summer. My plan is to put LB limbs on it and turn it into my barebow competition rig. Nice looking setup for sure.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Good friend of mine is cousins with Calvin Smock, the "C" in CD. Dewayne Martin being the other part. He's got a couple of the CDs. Great shooting bows. I think you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
Good friend of mine is cousins with Calvin Smock, the "C" in CD. Dewayne Martin being the other part. He's got a couple of the CDs. Great shooting bows. I think you'll enjoy it.

Calvin is awesome, spent 30 minutes on the phone talking story the other day with him when all I had was a general tuning question about the bow. Fun guy to talk to. And his wife is fantastic in respect to customer service.

Beendare

WKR
That WF is 3# 4oz in a 19"....compared to the Tradtech 19" at 2# 3oz....which feels a tad heavy to me.

Does the CD WF feel heavy to you? I know those are well regarded risers by many shooters.....but I've never tried one.

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
That WF is 3# 4oz in a 19"....compared to the Tradtech 19" at 2# 3oz....which feels a tad heavy to me.

Does the CD WF feel heavy to you? I know those are well regarded risers by many shooters.....but I've never tried one.

I have no experience with any other ILF riser other than a satori which was my buddies i shot a year or so ago a few times. To me the WF21 isn’t heavy after using it for a week now shooting daily and I have been shooting a striker RK1 and sammick sage both with an 11oz yost weight on them the past 3 years. At first I could tell the WF21 was heavier but now I don’t even think about it at all. I’m also a big guy 6’5” 240lbs, gym rat (not bragging or being a bro) so I don’t know if that factors into the WF21 weight not being a deal breaker for me. 3rd time shooting with it last week I put 80 arrows down range at my local range and I didn’t feel any sort of fatigue setting in. I’ve also been the guy that brings a 13+ pound rifle into the mountains and never have had issues with that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have no experience with any other ILF riser other than a satori which was my buddies i shot a year or so ago a few times. To me the WF21 isn’t heavy after using it for a week now shooting daily and I have been shooting a striker RK1 and sammick sage both with an 11oz yost weight on them the past 3 years. At first I could tell the WF21 was heavier but now I don’t even think about it at all. I’m also a big guy 6’5” 240lbs, gym rat (not bragging or being a bro) so I don’t know if that factors into the WF21 weight not being a deal breaker for me. 3rd time shooting with it last week I put 80 arrows down range at my local range and I didn’t feel any sort of fatigue setting in. I’ve also been the guy that brings a 13+ pound rifle into the mountains and never have had issues with that.

0341s don't know when heavy is too heavy anyways

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
0341s don't know when heavy is too heavy anyways

Dirty!!!! The old 81’s were heavy. I think Machine Dummers don’t know heavy! They can have fun with that MK19 or .50cal receiver dismounted all they want!

Tartan

WKR
Nice! What size weight do you have? I got mine with the 11oz one they offer but I actually like the riser with my 11oz yost weight mounted in the stabalizer bushing instead

I have all of them. But ended up with the 7oz. It balances out the quiver perfectly.

I have the same yost. Haven’t tried it on this one yet.

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
I have all of them. But ended up with the 7oz. It balances out the quiver perfectly.

I have the same yost. Haven’t tried it on this one yet.

Nice. How are you liking yours? I have been shooting Mine since I got it with some long Uukha SX50’s and it’s great! Will be trying some medium TT black max 2.0 as well next week.

Tartan

WKR
I really like it. The weight doesn’t bother me, but I wouldn’t want to make it any heavier. It’s ~ 6.5 lbs fully loaded as it’s set up.

The extra deflex over the wf19 is great for my long draw (a shade under 32”)

I have 42# XL uukha sx+ on it. 3 turns out puts it right at 50# at my draw length. Makes a 68” bow. On the long end for most but I’m 6’3” with a long draw

waiting for some new arrows to come in. I was amazed when the 300 spine I was using with the vx+ were weak. I thought for sure it was a false weak, but It got better with less point weight. And some scrap 250 spine arrows I had laying around were close enough I can make them work until the new ones come in.

I’ve chased my tail tuning before though. May still end up back with the 300s.

Tartan

WKR
Wow, that might be heavier than my compound

Yeah, this is about my weight limit for a hunting bow. It just so ever wants to lean back when held vertical. But not nearly as bad as most bows without additional weight up front. That's including the 7oz weight, selway soft-kote quiver, and 6 arrows around 650 grains each.

No doubt it feels more stable at full draw, but everybody has a different set of wants/needs.

OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
I really like it. The weight doesn’t bother me, but I wouldn’t want to make it any heavier. It’s ~ 6.5 lbs fully loaded as it’s set up.

The extra deflex over the wf19 is great for my long draw (a shade under 32”)

I have 42# XL uukha sx+ on it. 3 turns out puts it right at 50# at my draw length. Makes a 68” bow. On the long end for most but I’m 6’3” with a long draw

waiting for some new arrows to come in. I was amazed when the 300 spine I was using with the vx+ were weak. I thought for sure it was a false weak, but It got better with less point weight. And some scrap 250 spine arrows I had laying around were close enough I can make them work until the new ones come in.

I’ve chased my tail tuning before though. May still end up back with the 300s.

I haven’t weighed my full set up yet. I imagine mine is close to yours. My Uukha SX50 are hitting #53 at my 32” draw length, center shot dead center and I have some full length 34” BE vintage 350 spines with 275 up front total weight 675 grains that have spined dead nuts for me so far and I’m getting 172 FPS. I have some full length 300 spined outlaw shafts that are stiff for me with 3-350 grains up front.

The weight of the bow doesn’t bug me at all. I guess I’ve just been used to carrying heavy stuff at work since I was 18??? Never has affected me. And it is absolutely friendlier to shoot than my lighter take down recurves.

Tartan

WKR
I haven’t weighed my full set up yet. I imagine mine is close to yours. My Uukha SX50 are hitting #53 at my 32” draw length, center shot dead center and I have some full length 34” BE vintage 350 spines with 275 up front total weight 675 grains that have spined dead nuts for me so far and I’m getting 172 FPS. I have some full length 300 spined outlaw shafts that are stiff for me with 3-350 grains up front.

The weight of the bow doesn’t bug me at all. I guess I’ve just been used to carrying heavy stuff at work since I was 18??? Never has affected me. And it is absolutely friendlier to shoot than my lighter take down recurves.

After some shooting today, I may be heading down the wrong way looking stiffer. But it's all over the place right now.

I'm set up dead center shot as well. at 8" brace. 5/8" nock point. Tiller is even. Shooting off the hump. Haven't messed with any of this yet other than adjusting the nock height slightly.

The last two days I've just throwing arrows set ups at it until I start to see adjustments make the change I expect them to.
  • full length day six 350s show very weak with 250 up front, and even weaker with 300 up front. I don't want to go lighter than 250 upfront as I'd like to keep the arrow weight above 600 grains.
  • full length day six 300s with 225-300 up front show weak.
  • full length BE x-impacts 250s with 300 up front shoot semi-straight, bareshaft still show week. With trad vanes on though, I'm hitting my hand and getting horrible flight.

Somewhere I'm getting a false reading. Probably need to move the target in the garage and just shoot at 10 yards so I can get off more than a dozen arrows without my hands being frozen.

I'm guessing I've got something wonky on the bow set-up and once I figure it out I'll be able to make the 350s or 300s work.

Tartan

WKR
And there it is... false weak for sure. Surprised I didn't see any marks or hear any extra contact.

Randomly decided to try a 400 spine with 250 up front. Pretty much straight down the pipe, just touch nock high. I've got plenty of room to turn in the bolts a little bit. I'd prefer to run the 350s and a heavier total arrow weight if I can make it work.

Should have gave that a try already, Even though a 300 spine with the vx+ and wf19 combo shot bullets. Quite a bit more brace height with the wf21 to get the same preload on the limbs.

Reactions: FLS
OP
DEW0341

DEW0341

WKR
And there it is... false weak for sure. Surprised I didn't see any marks or hear any extra contact.

Randomly decided to try a 400 spine with 250 up front. Pretty much straight down the pipe, just touch nock high. I've got plenty of room to turn in the bolts a little bit. I'd prefer to run the 350s and a heavier total arrow weight if I can make it work.

Should have gave that a try already, Even though a 300 spine with the vx+ and wf19 combo shot bullets. Quite a bit more brace height with the wf21 to get the same preload on the limbs.

I would say play with brace height. Mine is tuning out great with it at 8.3” (211 mm) as per Uukhas paper that came with the limbs. Calvin from CD told me they recommend 8.5” brace. Maybe you running that 8” brace could be your headache?