New Chamberings for CA Ridgeline Ti

ianpadron

WKR
Noticed on Christensen's site that the Titanium Ridgeline chamberings looked like they were expanding.

Quick call to customer service confirmed a 28 Nosler, 300 PRC, and 7mm Rem Mag will be joining the lineup.

For the money...not sure anything comes remotely close...especially when a stock swap can dump an additional 12 ounces....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-112639_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-112639_Chrome.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 67
Uh oh. Looks like they didn't get the memo that rifles with these features and options aren't supposed to be offered in left hand.

Carbon barrel + titanium + 300 PRC in left hand . . . My semi custom T3x 338 may end up in the classified section.

JakeSCH

WKR
I agree. Just can’t decide which one I want. 6.5prc or 300prc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both!

Dang I just ordered a 300WM Mesa Ti in July in a tough decision because I really wanted a 300 PRC. To be fair it shoots fantastic and I have a Mesa Precision Altitude stock being made should be done any day now.

kipper09

WKR
Noticed on Christensen's site that the Titanium Ridgeline chamberings looked like they were expanding.

Quick call to customer service confirmed a 28 Nosler, 300 PRC, and 7mm Rem Mag will be joining the lineup.

For the money...not sure anything comes remotely close...especially when a stock swap can dump an additional 12 ounces....

What stock are you speaking of? Very Interesting new chamberings.

kipper09

WKR
Mesa Altitude, AG composites, Proof Research just to name a few.

Got it. Thank you. I’m trying to figure out what a ridgeline titanium with 24” barrel and an ag composite stock would weigh. I think a 6 1/2lb 28 Nosler would be something I could talk myself into.

JakeSCH

WKR
Got it. Thank you. I’m trying to figure out what a ridgeline titanium with 24” barrel and an ag composite stock would weigh. I think a 6 1/2lb 28 Nosler would be something I could talk myself into.

I think 7 lb is more likely.

The Ti action saves about 8 oz and I believe the baseline Ridgeline 28 Nosler weighs ~7 lb (I’ve heard it can more a few oz over). Take off 20 oz for the Ti and new stock and add 20 oz back in for the scope you are right back at 7 lb.

Both of my CA stocks weigh ~ 39 oz.

kipper09

WKR
I think 7 lb is more likely.

The Ti action saves about 8 oz and I believe the baseline Ridgeline 28 Nosler weighs ~7 lb (I’ve heard it can more a few oz over). Take off 20 oz for the Ti and new stock and add 20 oz back in for the scope you are right back at 7 lb.

Both of my CA stocks weigh ~ 39 oz.

I was actually thinking 6 1/2 without optics. No real clear weight on the website. Just says 5.8 lbs for short action or something like that. I would be tickled to be 7 with a scope. The ballistics on that 28 Nosler are Impressive and carrying a 7 lb all up elk rifle with those ballistics is very very enticing.

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
I was actually thinking 6 1/2 without optics. No real clear weight on the website. Just says 5.8 lbs for short action or something like that. I would be tickled to be 7 with a scope. The ballistics on that 28 Nosler are Impressive and carrying a 7 lb all up elk rifle with those ballistics is very very enticing.

There's a good thread on either 24HourCampfire or LRO where a dude with the screen name Ladd turns a Ti 6.5 PRC into a 4# 10 oz bare rifle with a stock swap...kind of insane. You'll be able to hit the 6.5 pound mark.

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
and they just shoot well. My Mesa (6.5 PRC) and Mesa Ti (300 WM) are shooting .3 MOA with hammer bullets. Hoping to introduce a bull to my 300 WM in 2 weeks

Wouldn't trade my 270 WSM Ridgeline for anything...

Well...unless a dude were to offer me a Ti 7mm Rem Mag LOL