New Cimarron Help

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
I'm getting ready to order a new Cimarron Lite/L stove combo. This will be used for Sept. elk hunts, an upcoming moose hunt and whatever other trips my future holds. I need some advice regarding liners and screen. Do I want a screen? Do I want a liner? I guess I can always order a liner at a later date but the screen is factory installed I believe so I need to make that decision prior to ordering. If I go with a liner is a screen even needed? Thanks for the input!

Trial153

WKR
Just me ....those seasons..liners for sure, screen no. Though it does hurt anything to have it and not use it

I live in Oregon and have used my cimarron lite in heavy rain and snow. If i was using it in the snow or high wind more often id probably upgrade to the dyneema one. Mine streches out pretty bad in the snow cause silnylon has more give than the DCF, but it probably is easier on the stakes and cordage than the DCF so they both have pros and cons. Sometimes i wish i brought the liner but ive actually not used mine at all yet. If its gonna be wet and cold i bring the stove and it helps with condensation but you still get some if you have to spend alot of time in the tipi. If its hot and im worried about ticks i bring the nest sometimes but its kinda heavy so i try to leave it when possible. I honestly dont think you need the screen, the liner could be more useful to you than me, and you'd probably be better off with a nest if you think there's gonna be a ton of bugs or snakes or something

After reading a lot of threads on the SO tents I went without the bug screens on the doors. If bugs are a problem and you need doors open for ventilation, they have the interior bug nests as well.

For liners I'm going to try the tent out without them first. See if the extra weight is really all that necessary or if the condensation is a minor inconvenience.

After reading a lot of threads on the SO tents I went without the bug screens on the doors. If bugs are a problem and you need doors open for ventilation, they have the interior bug nests as well.

For liners I'm going to try the tent out without them first. See if the extra weight is really all that necessary or if the condensation is a minor inconvenience.
So far, the condensation was really only an issue for us in a snow storm where snow kept pilling up on bottom of the tipi blocking any venting at the base. We were hunkered down most the day, burning the stove. Only went out to gather wood, shovel snow away from the tipi and poop lol. Shouldve brought the liner that time and actually a full liner would've been great. Otherwise its been all good, even in snow

The last week of Oregon archery season was pretty wet last year. I didn't see any need for liners in my Cimarron tent. As stated above, if you fire the stove up it gets rid of all the condensation pretty fast. There still may be some condensation on the bottom 10-12 inches of the tent. Just get your stuff situated so your arent touching the walls of the tent. The only time this may be unavoidable is when getting out of the tent. It can be a little tricky not getting a little water on you when unzipping the door to get out when there is condensation on the inside. I don't know if the liners would go over the door.

I don't have the screens on the doors of my tent either. I have read several people on here talk about bugs not being an issue in the tepee style tent with out the screens. On a warm day this year I opened both doors for some ventalation. Just as stated By other Roksliders the bugs end up flying in circles up around the cone of the tent. That made not have the screens an non issue for me this last August/September.

I am back packing, so weight is important to me. I also put my sleeping pad and bag inside a Borah Gear Bug Bivy. If the bugs were super bad one day I can just zip up inside the bivy if I the bugs were bothering me. I also don't spend much time at camp during day light when all the flying bugs besides mosquitos are out. The areas I hunt the most and with the bug bivy those two items don't seem to be needed.

If weight and space is no issue I would probably just order with the screens

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
The liners do seem to help with the condensation a lot, and they noticeably trap heat when it's cold outside.

bushman

FNG
A nest is just another added weight to pack. I went with the screen door for ventilation. I plan on using my tipi in alaska, I will have a tarp that i will throw down for a floor. I am curious about a liner though.