New Colorado gun laws..

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds more and more like Illinois to me. Chicago (Denver) shot hole rules the rest of the state. Get ready to sign up for your FOID card next. Then, you’ll be required to keep a record for 20 years of the FFL transfer dealer you used when you sold a firearm. The PERA countdown can’t come soon enough. Sadly I’m stuck here until then.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Freedom also includes people choosing more restrictive rules for their community.
Same is true with government. Right-wingers are actually fine with government restrictions so long as they agree with them. LOL
They are not "FREE" to choose to less restrictive measures so it's not "FREEDOM" .

I will agree that government involvement approval tends to appeal to those that benefit the most from it.

They are not "FREE" to choose to less restrictive measures so it's not "FREEDOM" .

I will agree that government involvement approval tends to appeal to those that benefit the most from it.
Yea, actually they are free to do so. That's what freedom means. You can choose to have a community with more restrictive laws.

Or would you rather dictate to each community what they can and cannot allow? That doesn't sound like freedom to me.

The opposite of that is forcing a community to accept things they don't want.

gelton

WKR
Yea, actually they are free to do so. That's what freedom means. You can choose to have a community with more restrictive laws.

Or would you rather dictate to each community what they can and cannot allow? That doesn't sound like freedom to me.

Did you just use the words freedom and restrictive in the same sentence when referring to an individual right like the 2nd amendment? In a republic, the majority cannot vote to restrict the rights of the individual.

Sure, those words can be used in the same sentence when speaking of restricting speed limits or restricting sound ordinances but restricting rights that are enshrined in the constitution is something different altogether and the antithesis of freedom.

This is why I said early on that the only solution here is in the courts and I have a feeling that when that happens you will see where you are wrong on this one...but may still have problems accepting it.

Did you just use the words freedom and restrictive in the same sentence when referring to an individual right like the 2nd amendment? In a republic, the majority cannot vote to restrict the rights of the individual.

Sure, those words can be used in the same sentence when speaking of restricting speed limits or restricting sound ordinances but restricting rights that are enshrined in the constitution is something different altogether and the antithesis of freedom.

This is why I said early on that the only solution here is in the courts and I have a feeling that when that happens you will see where you are wrong on this one...but may still have problems accepting it.

You'd make a crappy Wyatt Earp. LOL

I respect the right of a community to make their own rules.

gelton

WKR

Keyword - commune. If there is one thing I will give you it's that the left is much better at community organizing than the right....communism is their religion.

States like California and NY have been doing this for decades and people are leaving in droves, wonder why?

Keyword - commune. If there is one thing I will give you it's that the left is much better at community organizing than the right....communism is their religion.

States like California and NY have been doing this for decades and people are leaving in droves, wonder why?
Don't be jealous. LOL

But just wait. Give it 5-10 more years and you'll be wanting to bail from central Texas. It's just a matter of time.

Rob5589

WKR

Actually, they aren't. They can be more restricted but not less than the state has set forth. Again, that isn't freedom, that is allowing 271 different interpretations of gun rights. Now, if a city was allowed to say all gun laws are moot, then I would agree with your freedom take. Here is the law;

Screenshot_20210620-204330.png

OP
D

def90

WKR

They can’t though, a community does not have the ability to remove all gun rules if they wish so this is not freedom in the sense that you are trying to claim. There are communities in Colorado that would love to do this if they were free to do it.. but they can’t.