New dangerous game ammo

JohnnyB

WKR
I'm interested in trying it. My CA compliant 10mm ammo right now is Cor Bon DPX 155 gn cause there isn't much available in non lead 10mm. I use the BB 200 gn hard cast when I'm out of state. This might be a better option.

The trick will be finding some to buy.

After the 45-70 mono metal loads were released, I went into Alaska Ammo to see if they were going to carry them. I also expressed how sweet a 10mm offering would be. Guess they listened.

Pretty spendy rounds though. Hopefully Lehigh will sell the bullets. Been thinking about loading some of their mono WFN to mimic the $90/box BB load. Hoping that’ll be an option for 10mm too.

I'm interested in trying it. My CA compliant 10mm ammo right now is Cor Bon DPX 155 gn cause there isn't much available in non lead 10mm. I use the BB 200 gn hard cast when I'm out of state. This might be a better option.

The trick will be finding some to buy.

I’m in the same CA boat as you. This looks like a good option. When we could still get ammo online, I bought some Underwood 10mm that use the Lehigh Extreme Penetrator bullet. Only 140 gn but 1500 FPS.

Interesting.

I wasn’t aware BB made heavy flat nose FMJ 10mm. Seems that would address the whole glock barrel issue easier than buying a new barrel to shoot hardcast.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Interesting.

I wasn’t aware BB made heavy flat nose FMJ 10mm. Seems that would address the whole glock barrel issue easier than buying a new barrel to shoot hardcast.

Yep^...no doubt that was their thought.

Guys, in CA you can have ammo shipped to an FFL, some are pretty reasonable. I'm in the process of picking up a G20sf and as part of the deal I want the ammo drop shipped to the FFL.

If you go on CALGUNS.ORG they have threads on who will take shipment of your ammo and for how much- some are really cheap.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I called Alaska Ammo, all they told me is they would have it in August. I’ll be in there the 8th before heading out to hunt.

Teaman1

WKR
I could be wrong, but I have heard fmj bullets can separate from there core and shorten penetration. I think these would be more of a solid, and combined with the flat nose, should be a very good penetrator.