New Digiscoping Option—MagView **Review Added 8/3/22**

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
Well I guess I totally read over that comment! Sorry about that. Thanks y’all! I have the nova grade. Thinking of offing it for this setup.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the product review. How strong are the magnets? is there any concern of a larger phone falling off?
None that I experienced. I literally smacked my spotter around with the phone stuck to it and had zero issues with it coming close to falling off.

If it was easy to post a video I had mine in high winds with the spotter shaking like crazy and the phone never moved.

Rackmastr

WKR
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Pretty cool to tinker around with. I'm going to have to try a few of the spacer plates out to see the difference in how my phone sits near the eye peice for best/easiest setup. So far it seems like the thinnest one should work well enough from what I can tell.

Played with the app and seems like a no-brainer to use it as well.

Wife drew a pretty premium pronghorn tag this year in Wyoming so plan on taking a lot of pics/videos through the hunt and looking over a bunch of bucks. I've had an Olympus TG4 setup for a while but nice having the phone handy and should make for a lot less hassles taking pics!

Anyone know when they’re going to allow you to select a camera on the magview app? Busted my phone up in a snowboarding accident this winter and still haven’t replaced it. Only the 0.5x camera works. The iPhone app is a little finicky in video mode when I try to swap to that lense.

Clarson757

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Magview B1 review

Binos - 12x42 NL pures
Tripod Head - Sirui VA5
Bino adapter - outdoorsman stud
Phone - iPhone 13 Pro

Great idea for a product. I have not seen or used the spotting scope option but I would imagine it’s very similar in function and quality. Previously was using a phone skope case.

Attachment and figment is easy for the B1. The magnet is strong and holds the phone steady. The images and video do get grainy when zooming in towards the higher limits. The is a function of the camera and not the B1 or the magview app. Using the app is the better option over the phones photo app.

The binos need to be fully extended (left and right objectives furthest apart). The right eyepiece cup should be extended 2-3 turns out until it’s flush with the camera lens. Using it in the backyard, the focus seems great. I am curious about the zoom/ focus on a spotting scope, but I have just sold mine. The autofocus and manual focus on the app seem to function nicely.

Setting the lens is easy after a few practice runs. The lowest lens on the iPhone 13 pro is the lens that seems to be the correct choice for the MagView. You can “walk-in” the camera and attach the phone properly after a couple try’s. The magnet is strong enough to rotate the eye relief cup and holds the phone steady. The backing plate sticks great to my case and is not in the way at all.

I’ll take it out this weekend to use in the field and report back. So far, so good. I’d happily use this over the phone skope I had previously been using. No fussy cases. The B1 is easily removed if needed for multiple bino options. I have a pair of 6x30 on the way and will also review the fit and function on that pair as well.

Couple test shots below.

Attachments

• ADEB72DA-98D5-432C-BF38-641711DADA99.jpeg
    ADEB72DA-98D5-432C-BF38-641711DADA99.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 42
  • D9F9C21D-9862-4D8B-9DD5-A08E707EBA48.jpeg
    D9F9C21D-9862-4D8B-9DD5-A08E707EBA48.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 41
  • CDDE0637-D878-476A-A96C-5C51AF58EB27.jpeg
    CDDE0637-D878-476A-A96C-5C51AF58EB27.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 40
  • A51C9594-3100-480B-B927-B9AFD45DF559.jpeg
    A51C9594-3100-480B-B927-B9AFD45DF559.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 33738E51-339B-495C-8906-119D05FB127B.jpeg
    33738E51-339B-495C-8906-119D05FB127B.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 39
  • C006DC34-F0BE-4786-8507-D001FFCCD09A.jpeg
    C006DC34-F0BE-4786-8507-D001FFCCD09A.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 41

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Magview B1 review

Binos - 12x42 NL pures
Tripod Head - Sirui VA5
Bino adapter - outdoorsman stud
Phone - iPhone 13 Pro

Great idea for a product. I have not seen or used the spotting scope option but I would imagine it’s very similar in function and quality. Previously was using a phone skope case.

Attachment and figment is easy for the B1. The magnet is strong and holds the phone steady. The images and video do get grainy when zooming in towards the higher limits. The is a function of the camera and not the B1 or the magview app. Using the app is the better option over the phones photo app.

The binos need to be fully extended (left and right objectives furthest apart). The right eyepiece cup should be extended 2-3 turns out until it’s flush with the camera lens. Using it in the backyard, the focus seems great. I am curious about the zoom/ focus on a spotting scope, but I have just sold mine. The autofocus and manual focus on the app seem to function nicely.

Setting the lens is easy after a few practice runs. The lowest lens on the iPhone 13 pro is the lens that seems to be the correct choice for the MagView. You can “walk-in” the camera and attach the phone properly after a couple try’s. The magnet is strong enough to rotate the eye relief cup and holds the phone steady. The backing plate sticks great to my case and is not in the way at all.

I’ll take it out this weekend to use in the field and report back. So far, so good. I’d happily use this over the phone skope I had previously been using. No fussy cases. The B1 is easily removed if needed for multiple bino options. I have a pair of 6x30 on the way and will also review the fit and function on that pair as well.

Couple test shots below.
Were you able to use the magnet in the phone or did you have to attach their sticker magnet to your case/phone? My concern is not being able to then use my Scoche mount in my truck if I attach their magnet.

Clarson757

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
The plate is not magnetic. It’s a metal plate with adhesive so it can stick to the bino attachment. I think the plate would actually serve you better on your truck mount. Could always get a cheap phone case and try it out. You can find those adhesive plates all over Amazon.

Does anyone know if this will work with the kowa 883. I reached out to them but they couldn’t tell me a for sure answer. I rented a scope and it won’t be in till 2 days before I’m heading out for my trip.
If anyone has a measurement on the eye piece for the kowa would be great. They said get measurements and reach back out and they could tell me for sure.
It works

Did you try combining spacers? I have the same spotter and was wondering if I could get it to work that way.

Yes I did, if you go back a few pages in this thread someone had a meopta s2 which is the same scope that it wouldn’t work on also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I did, if you go back a few pages in this thread someone had a meopta s2 which is the same scope that it wouldn’t work on also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was my post. I was saying it wouldn’t work based on the measurement of the eyepiece, I didn’t actually try it.