New Duck Gun for 2021

anybody ever try the CZ 1012?
I was considering one until learning that some people were having serious problems with the chokes seizing up in the barrels and cross threading. I assumed this revealed some potential quality issues and wrote it off for now. Good looking guns though.

Keep working with it and you'll end up loving the flat rib.

Takes a little time to adapt for sure, but floating your target is so much more effective than covering it up, it's not even funny!

Take that Monte on an upland hunt and you'll really get the idea.
Will keep working with it for sure. I don’t doubt ya.

Not going to replace my upland gun though... my 870 special field, English stock w 21 inch barrel carries better than the Monte and comes up quicker. People laugh when I tell them I got the Benelli as a beater to save my 870 from the marsh 😂 there’s nothing more deadly in the uplands than that 870 but the wood is just too nice for ducks. I really do want to like the Monte

Wassid82

WKR
A400 has been the most reliable shotgun iveever owned. Hands down best value I’ve found in a shotgun and yes the price is steep wait until summer when the prices come down and get a used one in your 1200 range. You won’t regret it

Stay away from Remington. They have had horrible QC issues for several years. Hence why they filed bankruptcy so many times in the last 2 decades.

Beretta A400 is my go to critter getter. It shoots very well.

Browning Maxus will eat anything I give it no problem! I was weary of a gas operated actions but gave it a shot have been extremely satisfied. From mud and swamps to freezing temps and snow it just works + is smooth on the shoulder.

68Plexi

WKR
Started with a Rem 870, but my Winchester SX3 has replaced it and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t clean it as often as I should and it just plain works. Love the feel, has a nice swing weight and is easy on my shoulder. Not sure about the newer SX4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the semi-auto 12 gauge shotguns I looked at on Sportsman's Warehouse are out of stock.
Might be difficult at least in Fairbanks to shop and pick one up to see how it fits.

FLAK

WKR
I bought a couple 870 Express' new in 1989.
They do fine in the tidal bays/marshes I hunt,
but dang I been jonesin on a A5 Wicked Wing.
But not sure I want to carry a 1600$ gun in that
environment. Hunting out of a kayak too.