New Elite Bows?

chasewild

WKR
Anyone shooting a newer Elite bow? Specifically, the longer axle-to-axle bows (Ritual, Revol, etc.)?

I've been shooting the Energy 35 since 2014 and just wanted to see how people are reacting to the newer elite line.

Been shooting their stuff for a long time. The Ritual 35 is a better version of what you are shooting. I liked the Ritual 33 a lot but in the end I went a different way. Not sure the Ritual wasn’t the best drawing bow but I just went for something new. Trademark Elite cycle and back wall.

dkime

WKR
I own 2 revols and I’ll offer them same advice that I offer everyone else. They’re not for everyone, they don’t feel great compared to most other bows, especially being accustomed to the traditional Elite feel, and like all Elites you’ll probably need a shim kit.

Having said that, I have been completely open to buying a new bow for two years now and haven’t seen anything out there that offers any better performance from a technical standpoint or scoring standpoint. Both of my bows will beat IBO specs, and they both absolutely pound Xs, Foam, Fur, Paper, and sometimes basement walls. I shoot a 60# bow for my open setup and a 73# bow for my hunting rig. I enjoy the lower letoff and the aggressive cam system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Expand your horizons. Shoot all the new bows when choosing a bow and let it choose you.

The E35 is one of the best hunting bows ever made.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
The E35 is still a great bow! I used to like Elite but don't really care for there business model and the direction they have been going the last few years. Not saying they don't make a great product, just don't care for the company. I have moved in a different direction and have been shooting Prime the last few years. Currently shooting the CT-5. If you like the Elite feel then Prime is a good option for you as well with better tenability IMO

Hal M

FNG
What business model changes, etc with Elite? I'm new to this and just got a Ritual 33, but I'm curious as to what they are up to. One of the selling points for me is that they are made 2 hours from my house... but I like hearing the bad, too...

Zac

WKR
The new Kure looks pretty legit, I would probably buy one if they offered a higher poundage with a longer ATA, after investing over 700 on Valkyrie components I don't want to drop spines.

dkime

WKR
The new Kure looks pretty legit, I would probably buy one if they offered a higher poundage with a longer ATA, after investing over 700 on Valkyrie components I don't want to drop spines.

Didn’t they release it in a 37” model as well?

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what you don’t like about their business model, but I just took a tour of their facility last week and they are definitely a company that takes pride in the product they put out, because most of their employees are hunters or target shooters themselves. They shoot on their breaks in a company provide range. I could have spent hours talking to their customer service reps, as they have so much first hand knowledge of their products. Even their HR rep, who gave me s personal tour, started target shooting and really enjoys it. This was a great tour, given just because I contacted them and I asked. I’m not a dealer, I do shoot a Option 7, but they never asked up front, I’m just interested in their products and processes. I tour LOTS of manufacturing facilities for my job, this was just for fun, and this one was top notch!

rhino8888

FNG
Can anyone describe how the ritual 35 shoots at it's max draw length, 31"? I've heard some bows don't shoot well at the end of their spectrum.

Poaks0810

FNG
I have a ritual 33 at 29.5/68 lbs. I set the bow up, got it tuned, and it shoots great. I felt like the draw cycle is pretty smooth. I also shoot an e32 side by side with it, and to compare the 2 I would say the e32 loads up more toward the end of the draw cycle, but the ritual is smoother all the way through.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Can anyone describe how the ritual 35 shoots at it's max draw length, 31"? I've heard some bows don't shoot well at the end of their spectrum.

I should be able to tell you this weekend, I bought one from dkime and had it swapped to #1 mods. Draw cycle feels great, just waiting on my sight to come so I can shoot it.

Jsdavis6

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone shooting a newer Elite bow? Specifically, the longer axle-to-axle bows (Ritual, Revol, etc.)?

I've been shooting the Energy 35 since 2014 and just wanted to see how people are reacting to the newer elite line.
Man I have never shot a bad elite. IMO

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
I shot the Elite Kure finally. I actually shot the VXR, Traverse, Kure, and Revolt. The draw cycle on the Kure seriously made me feel lazy, like it was TOO good. And then, the valley was seriously the biggest I've ever felt. Anyway, my E35 blew up (my fault, not the bow), and I bought the Traverse. Excited.

I shot the Elite Kure finally. I actually shot the VXR, Traverse, Kure, and Revolt. The draw cycle on the Kure seriously made me feel lazy, like it was TOO good. And then, the valley was seriously the biggest I've ever felt. Anyway, my E35 blew up (my fault, not the bow), and I bought the Traverse. Excited.

I thought the valley was great. There was zero dump into the valley. Definitely one of the smoothest drawing bows on the market.

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
I thought the valley was great. There was zero dump into the valley. Definitely one of the smoothest drawing bows on the market.

I agree -- it was by far the smoothest bow I've ever drawn. It was just so easy in every respect I felt bad!

I shoot a Victory X (target bow) and love it. I don't have any experience with their hunting bows but judging by this one id say I would try one of their hunting rigs.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
The Kure is certainly a pretty awesome drawing bow with tech to accomplish almost perfect arrow flight. When I shoot it, I definitely can feel the lack of nock travel and the balance with the new cable arrangement. It just shoots clean.

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
Update on this old thread.

After my E35 blew up, I bought the Mathews Traverse and shot it all spring and summer. I could not shoot that bow to save my soul. I do shoot a real heavy breaking point tension release, and the cable stops hated me (compared to the limb stops on the elites). My groups opened up by 30% and my "misses" were now 12-16" misses. So, I took the mathews back to my shop, they rebuilt my E35 and once again it feels like I can't miss.

I even bought a second used E35 as a backup.

Live and learn.