New Feller Here

Hey guys,

I've been frequenting Rokslide for a few months now and decided to finally sign up and quit lurking. I'm originally from Oklahoma and now live down in North Mexico (AKA Texas). I've been a hunter my whole life.

I've been gearing up for my first OTC elk hunt in Colorado (2nd rifle). Sounds like there are plenty other hunters out there doing the same.

I've checked out some other forums and Rokslide seems to be the most helpful so far and have the least negative BS. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys on here better and spread some knowledge.

OP
M
Hey LightFoot,

I'm in San Marcos. I'm originally from Oklahoma. I moved down here after college about 3 years ago. I work all around Central/South Texas. What part are you in?

OP
M
Welcome aboard!! Good luck with your elk hunt this year and let us know how it works out!
Thank you sir! I'll definitely let y'all know how it goes.

It has been such a blast already just prepping for the trip. I've been hiking every day with my full pack and fine tuning all my gear.

I'm going with an old hunting buddy from back in Oklahoma and it has all been worth it just to be talking with him every day or two about what our plan is, sharing OnX information, tuning up our game plan. Even If, God forbid, we didn't make it to the trip, just the fun of the planning and prepping and learning has been worth it!