NEW FILM - Dichotomy of a Bowhunter by Lane Walter

msmith@ironwilloutfitters

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Our friend Lane Walter made a video about the dichotomy of bowhunting - about his experience being a passionate bowhunter while raising great children. Give it a watch at https://ironwilloutfitters.com/page...video-dichotomy-of-a-bowhunter-by-lane-walter.

For all you dads out there, let us know in the comments if you've experienced a similar dichotomy, and how you've worked through it to be the best hunter and father you can.

Dichotomy Of A Bowhunter.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey! I will give this a watch.

Living that life myself and I wouldn’t trade it for all the hunting in the world. It’s a struggle but made me a better person. And in a way, a more focused hunter as I‘ve had to choose what I can spend my time and money on.

JasonWi

WKR
Lane did a fantastic job showing the dilemma all parents face that love to hunt but hate missing time away from their kids and spouses.

Now that my boys are grown and moved out I'm watching my hunting partners go through this and remember the struggle of choosing what trips to go on and which to miss.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Great stuff. I have had that struggle often. We adopted a son that ended up having a severe form of Epilepsy and man was it tough to navigate that balance. My wife still just doesn't get it, adding another layer of difficulty to something so embedded in who I am.

Great film.. It addressed teh difficult decisions we make. Also a reminder that our kids should be there with us(within reason) when we are in the field. IF they love what we are doing, they'll be masters of what we do before they're 20 years old