New fixed blade broadhead suggestions

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Thanks for all the feed back and thanks for the pics Justin, you have the same two targets as I do. Well I went out into the madness today and picked up two packs of the shuttle t's. They just look more durable and based on all the reviews and comments I think I'll be please. Heck even at Cabelas the t'd look sharper in the pack vs the hell razors.

I love the beauty of having a scapel sharp head right out of the package. I've done a lot of broadhead testing in past years in order to feel 100% confident in the head I'm using and the sharpest, most accurate, durable, and best blood trail producing head for me has been the 125 gr. Slicktrick magnum. The Shuttle T would be my second choice though based on my own testing, it's also a well designed tough head. Good luck on your research and choice, there are some good ones out there!

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Well upgraded my arrows to 4 vane and checked how the site was. Had a little adj to make but wow the arrows fly so much better with the 4 vane and shuttle t's. So far I'm very impressed.

SDHNTR

WKR
If you like the Hellrazor design, you'll like the VPA. Same design but fully machined construction. It truly is one solid block of steel. Very easy to sharpen and resharpen. Economical since you just keep resharpening. They wont' break and any nics are easy to file out.

Shuttle T's are nice heads, my only complaint about them is the blades chip easily (cast metal) and are expensive to replace.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
If you like the Hellrazor design, you'll like the VPA. Same design but fully machined construction. It truly is one solid block of steel. Very easy to sharpen and resharpen. Economical since you just keep resharpening. They wont' break and any nics are easy to file out.

Shuttle T's are nice heads, my only complaint about them is the blades chip easily (cast metal) and are expensive to replace.

Really after seeing how much better this design flys over the hell razors I'm sold :). At $15 for a complete set of three broadheads for replacements I think that is pretty cheap, highly doubt I have to replace them very often and I'll try to resharpen but have spares on hand just incase.

In my quiver: RAMCAT RAMCAT RAMCAT RAMCAT and that is in my 4 arrow if I am running a tight spot its RAMCAT RAMCAT RAMCAT RAMCAT RAMCAT. I have shot 3" groups at 100 yds. At 80 yd I have ruined arrows AND harvested a 180" typical w/ a PASS THROUGH. They were released in 2010 and since then I have harvested 3 P&Y Mule Deer and 1 P&Y antelope (only antelope hunt since 2010) plus a Pheasant, turkeys, hogs, elk, and whitetail does.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Well I put the shuttle t to work and took a nice fat doe sat morning, she was dead in seconds and went about 20 yards. So far I'm happy with them.

vcb

WKR
Slick trick standards for me. Have never found anything that flys better out of my rig. I shoot 125gn for more foc

IAHNTR

WKR
Shuttle t's are awesome. I've tried muzzy, rage, stricknine, slick tricks mags and just swithched to the 125gr. T's this year. They fly great and I have harvested 2 does and a big buck with them so far. Shot was a hard quartering to on the buck at 29 yards and it went through the scapula and lodged in the offside just under the hide. All 3 deer were dead in 60 yards and great trails. I'm sticking with them for awhile.

I love my magnus stingers and buzzcuts. Something about that big two blade drawing back gives you chills of all that archery history with that blade type. I Also have strikers, slick tricks, and Shuttle Ts and I use them all.

Jon Boy

WKR
The t's are easily sharpened by a ceramic sharpening stick. Iv got mine much sharper than they come out of the package

Man ive taken every thing to the shuttle ts including a ceramic sharpening stick and still cant get them very sharp. Having said that I got a pass through on BT doe at 65 yards this year with my mission shooting a 425 grain arrow at 250 fps. Cant complain too much with that I guess.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I too was far from impressed with the sharpness of the shuttle-t straight from the package this year. When I used to shoot them, like 5 years ago I felt they were better... Too bad I don't have any anymore, n I'm not a huge fan of the "black ops" coating either. I have since switched to the terminal-t 2 years ago and am far more impressed with it than the shuttle, FAR sharper and every bit as accurate from my setup...

The shuttle t's penetrate better than alot of other heads. Regardless of if they are super duper sharp. At least in my experience

You gotta try QAD Exodus...they have both the barbed and non-barbed heads, and come in both 100 gr and 125 gr. Here is a "live" pic of a hog I shot that shows why I like them so much

Attachments

• Hog with QAD Exodus.jpg
    Hog with QAD Exodus.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 19