New FKT on the PCT trail

Elk97

WKR
Unbelievable. A friend's son is on the PCT and averaging 30 miles per day, should finish early September if all goes well.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I like that he beat the competitive trail runner’s (who was fully supported with even a masseuse in tow) time.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I like that he beat the competitive trail runner’s (who was fully supported with even a masseuse in tow) time.
He was 4 days longer than the supported record. But still hellaciously impressive that he was that close and beat the old men's self-supported record by 10 days. Lots of time pushing through uncomfortable situations.

He was 4 days longer than the supported record. But still hellaciously impressive that he was that close and beat the old men's self-supported record by 10 days. Lots of time pushing through uncomfortable situations.
No kidding. Adding 4 days to do it on his own.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Cool I guess, but if I'm hiking that trail I would want to enjoy it. Not blast right past everything chasing a meaningless record.

Elkbelch

FNG
Daughter is doing the PCT next summer. She averaged 25-30 miles per day on the Colorado Trail last summer finished in 29 days. She did it solo at 19, very proud of her. She hopes to do the CDT the following summer, graduates college in December and is putting off her career to bag these two hikes. That’s her trail name by the way, BAG. She ran the Leadville Silver Rush this July, 50 miles. She is an amazing athlete, taking her hunting this fall in Colorado, first rifle season. Hope she can keep up

Shawn