New Frame and Bags from Kifaru International

Shrek

WKR
Super sweet ! I'm sitting on my pack money already. I was waiting for the stone glacier vs kifaru review but not anymore:) . Ordering one as soon as they take orders for them.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
Looks sweet. Can the T1 be retrofitted with the roll top bag and and K connectors? I think that is a much better set up.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Very nice! So what sacrifices does this pack give up to a full-size DT1 or T1 if any?

Mike

You will find no real sacrifice between the two pack/frame options.

During testing, Patirick was able to get the frame weight down by several ounces (2 lbs total), and at that weight you would have seen several sacrifices. So the adding the 3 ounces was an easy choice.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks sweet. Can the T1 be retrofitted with the roll top bag and and K connectors? I think that is a much better set up.

We did talk about doing a retrofit on Timberline packs (for the SR/K buckles), but I do not have an answer yet....stay tuned.

You will be able to order the "K Hooks" and outfit your current pack accordingly.

Slim Jim

WKR
Aaron would you suggest putting the 6500ci bag on the duplex frame? These are spendy and I want to build my pack correctly

Gus

FNG
damm it! we are developing a love/hate relationship at this point. i love the new gear that Kifaru keeps coming out with. the problem is that my wallet hates this crap!

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
We did talk about doing a retrofit on Timberline packs, but I do not have an answer yet....stay tuned.

You will be able to order the "K Hooks" and outfit your current pack accordingly.

i just took a look at my pack and it looks like it would be a simple DIY retrofit. I never could figure out what to do with the lid in day pack mode and now I have an answer. Thanks.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aaron would you suggest putting the 6500ci bag on the duplex frame? These are spendy and I want to build my pack correctly

Yep, that would work great.

We designed the frame and bags to fit equally as well on every pack/frame we make.

Shrek

WKR
Dilemma, do I buy now and ask for forgiveness later or beg her from the get go?

Buy it now and ship it to work. Take it out and get a little dirt on it then sneak it in the house and hide it where it will get a little dusty. Then a few weeks later discover it and announce to your wife " look honey I found my old pack! I was wondering where it had got to. " worked for guns back when I was still shackled.

dotman

WKR
Buy it now and ship it to work. Take it out and get a little dirt on it then sneak it in the house and hide it where it will get a little dusty. Then a few weeks later discover it and announce to your wife " look honey I found my old pack! I was wondering where it had got to. " worked for guns back when I was still shackled.

Haha doesn't sound like it worked long term :)