New from NM

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Hello. I've browsed a little and finally joined. I have seen some great info here! I'm from NM but hunt AZ, Sonora, West Texas, Oklahoma and NM.

Austink47

WKR
Welcome. I am up around 6c and 51 if you need anything. Also I am curious about hunting OK as an out of stater.

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. I am up around 6c and 51 if you need anything. Also I am curious about hunting OK as an out of stater.
Thanks Austin. I am in the "East Mountains" north of Edgewood and Tijeras closer to Golden. But I hunt elk in 10, coues in 23 or 27 when I can and speed goat in 42. I grew up in 34.
I like it up north of Espanola. Beautiful country.

Regarding Oklahoma... My brother has a lease in Oklahoma so we shoot hogs and whitetail there. For out of state with no military discount, it's $600 for a tag - per weapon (600 for rifle, $600 for archery and $600 for ML) The largest white tail I have taken out of there has been 148 3/8 to date but I get to take does too and it's fun to go opening rifle weekend, the weekend before Thanksgiving, every year to hang out with family. You have to wear blaze when deer hunting. You don't have to have a license for hogs but if you are archery hunting deer during rifle season you can't shoot a hog with a rifle unless you have a deer rifle tag...

I know you didn't ask about the other states.

West Texas is either on friend's leases or I have hunted with Roy Hurley for barbary down near Ft. Davis, Texas.

I lived in AZ for 10+ years and the smartest thing I ever did was bought a lifetime license before I moved away. I love 3A/3C but was blessed this year with a late unit 10 rifle tag.

Sonora for coues is amazing, and safe.

I plan to hunt AK next year. As you know, it's difficult to draw great units in NM so I have branched out - out of necessity.