New from Northern California

Rangerpants

Lil-Rokslider
Hello all! I've been lurking a bunch of different threads for a while now, figured it was time to jump in and maybe add to the conversation if I could be helpful.

I've been a local hunter to Northern California for a decade or so, and in the last couple years began building points and hunting around the west as much as I can!

Bond007

FNG
I just signed up too and now need to post 10 responses so I can start using the classified section. I’ve always enjoyed these forums

RDG_RNR

FNG
Norcal newbie as well! I’ve build points in other states I’ve hunted, but trying to rack up in states that have bonus points only options. Have you found any?

if I’m going to make a hunt that season, I don’t mind the license and application, but if I have no intention of making it out, the out of state license and application fee are a little steap.

where are you putting in?

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. I lived and hunted up there for several years before returning to So-Cal. There is some good hunting up there if you can get some private access ... or if you like hunting black bears or pigs. I used to bow hunt Lake Sonoma a bunch and some of the A zone areas, archery. Lots to do up there if you get into it.

RDG_RNR

FNG
I wanted to go for pig at Lake Sonoma, but Novi lent figure out the application process with the Army Corp of Engineers?

I have a ranch owner that lets me take pig once in a while, but always wanted to take the boat out to Lake Sonoma for a weekend hunt.

Underpar

FNG
Hello all! I've been lurking a bunch of different threads for a while now, figured it was time to jump in and maybe add to the conversation if I could be helpful.

I've been a local hunter to Northern California for a decade or so, and in the last couple years began building points and hunting around the west as much as I can!
I just joined as well. Glad to see all the Northern California information int his forum!

OP
Rangerpants

Rangerpants

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome!

Eastern or western North Ca_

Western. Southern Humboldt County, near Garberville.

To RDG RNR, I am building points in Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah, plus California of course. I know the feeling on the prices adding up... Seems like Utah and Wyoming are probably the most cost effective in a points-to-dollars sense. As far as hunt quality goes, I'll get back to you in a couple years!

RDG_RNR

FNG
Western. Southern Humboldt County, near Garberville.

To RDG RNR, I am building points in Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah, plus California of course. I know the feeling on the prices adding up... Seems like Utah and Wyoming are probably the most cost effective in a points-to-dollars sense. As far as hunt quality goes, I'll get back to you in a couple years!

I'm check those application out. Good luck!