New From Oregon

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

Just checking in from Southern Oregon. Glad to be part of an online community that seems to be respectable and actually helps one another out, unlike another archery hunting site I just left. I've been hunting since I was 15 when I lived in Virginia,so Whitetail and Turkey were my main species that I hunted. Most of my hunting there was done in the southern tradition of shotgun and buckshot and sometimes with Beagles and Bluetick hounds. Having lived on the West for the majority of my life I mainly hunt blacktail, elk, duck, turkey, and pheasant with my German Shorthair Loki. Backpack hunts for elk with a bow are what I live for now. I have only been elk hunting with a bow for 2 years and have yet to bag one yet, but I am passionate regardless. Hope to bean active member of this online community and maybe meet some folks from my area to hunt with.

Cheers

541hunter

WKR
Welcome! I'm located just north of ya in Roseburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to RS. its a cool place.
Im now located in the other "hippified" area of oregon, near eugene. LOL
I used to live in Klamath Falls, hunted all over SO Or.

OP
Peaks&Creeks

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome !! I'm working down in the Medford area for the next few years

Oh good deal, nice to see other folks on this forum from my area. I didn't get out too much this year except early bow, OTC elk up in Mt. Bachelor area, and now trying to close in on a blacktail before the late season is done...hopefully not a buzzer beater haha

Ya I've seen some seriously big bucks out towards the Prospect area out Hwy 62. They've been moving down the last few weeks and they're really rut dumb