New from Silverthorne, CO

bradywk

FNG
Hey guys,

Just moved to Summit County from Pittsburgh, PA. Mostly a whitetail guy, but got the elk bug bad. Would love to meet some other guys in the area to shoot, scout, and train with!

Either way excited to be apart of the forum.

Stalker69

WKR
My son drives a truck and seen a mountain lion in town ( silverthorne ) 2 nights ago. Welcome hope you enjoy Colorado.

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
I loved living in summit! Worked/lived in keystone for almost 5 years! The snowboarding hiking and fishing were awesome but the hunting was frustrating to say the least

Slugz

WKR
Welcome Yinzer!! I grew up near Freeport PA now live in Woodland Park CO

Jbehredt

WKR
I hope you left your Steelers garb at home. You left because Pittsburgh (relatively) sucks. Move on with all aspects of your life. I jest. I gave up watching sports years ago but when I cared, the “well traveled” Steelers fans drove me nuts. Well traveled just meant they had to flee their hometown in droves to find work or recreation. And welcome! Pecan squares at the blue moon cafe will turn you pre diabetic in a hurry, sooo good.

• Banned
OP
B

bradywk

FNG
Haha unfortunately I brought the steelers gear with me, it'll always be with me!

And yeah I've heard the hunting is better elsewhere in the state, but being the GMU 371 is close by & OTC, that is probably what I will go with.

Anyone want to do some shed hunting at the end of the month? Was thinking about heading down to Buena Vista

squirrel

WKR
If you aren't afraid to sweat a little you will have an amazing time. Moved outside of Breckenridge (from an hour north of Pitt) in '85 and never regretted it. Don't pay attention to all the blackngold hate. It's better than orange/blue any day, and they KNOW IT... You will find summit kinda sucks, unless you are a skier /hard left /liberal type then you will be in utopia, rules and permits out the ass just to have fun. (head north). Of course if you are one of those types please stay there in utopia away from the unwashed masses who don't have "no overnight parking" at wilderness T/H! Somehow we manage to survive without the parking nazis.

Tons of good hunting around you but it will be foreign to you, different critters and way different techniques, but the west is truly the best.

OP
B

bradywk

FNG
Haha I absolutely love to ski, live for it. Already hating how left / corona scared everyone in Summit is lol. Might have to make the move to Montana before long haha. Thinking about maybe heading to Buena Vista too.