New Garmin Inreach Soon?

tgrothe1

FNG
Has anyone heard of this? I ask because Cabelas/Bass Pro has the Garmin Inreach for $350 instead of $450 and I haven't seen it this low so I would guess maybe they will be coming out with a new one this fall?

OP
T

tgrothe1

FNG
Yeah I saw that too, which is why I'm thinking they might be coming out with something new but didn't know if any of y'all knew. If so, I don't want to buy the sale now and then later this fall they come out with something better.

KSP277

WKR
My apologies, I was looking to see what price was bc I believe I paid $350 for my mini in 2018, 250 was eBay used. I was just scrolling. But they’re 299 most everywhere else online.
Refurbished? I only see them at $299. Where did you find that deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I saw that too, which is why I'm thinking they might be coming out with something new but didn't know if any of y'all knew. If so, I don't want to buy the sale now and then later this fall they come out with something better.
i'm thinking the same, i saw the 66i was discontinued and i noticed the price on the garmin site to be 100 off. Garmin usually puts sales on their site when they go end of life. i just dont know when a new release will be...

rob86jeep

WKR
i'm thinking the same, i saw the 66i was discontinued and i noticed the price on the garmin site to be 100 off. Garmin usually puts sales on their site when they go end of life. i just dont know when a new release will be...
Where did you see that the 66i was discontinued?

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
Not necessarily. The mini could be had at various sales last Memorial Day for $275 and the Explorerer+ was $359 at B&H this winter.

Peregrine1

WKR
Classified Approved
Will be interesting to see if they come out with something even more reliable...plenty of mixed reviews but for the most part people seem to be happy with the explorer+ and mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZmark

WKR
Ive got the explorer and got both my sons one also. I got them because where we live is rural and on the edge of cell phone service, once we get about a mile out of town there is no cell service for another 90 miles. We have already used them when hunting to find each other with deer/elk down. When paired with a cell phone you get a larger and easier to use screen. You can text device to device or device to cell or email. Ive used it to text home to wife when Im going to be late.

We did test accuracy and repeatability and there have been times when they dont read the same exact location between two of them but have always been close, and I think part of that was not letting it sit still for a long enough time for averaging.

I think they are great.

Just bought a refurbished Mini ($240) from GPSCity.com
Knowing my luck, since I just purchased one, they'll be superceded & obsolete in 3 months.

muddydogs

WKR
Just bought a refurbished Mini ($240) from GPSCity.com
Knowing my luck, since I just purchased one, they'll be superceded & obsolete in 3 months.
My mini from GPS City will be here Tuesday. One thing about Garmin even the old Delorme units are still working and Garmin is still updating them so the mini might be superceded in 3 months but it will probably still be working just fine 5 years down the road.

eatonc926

FNG
I am glad I saw this thread. I was looking at getting a mini for my backcountry Goat hunt this fall. Maybe I will wait and see if they do come out with one now.