New Garmin Inreach Soon?

I paid $300 on sale for my Mini last year. Worth every penny when paired with a smartphone and in combo with onX. Travel off grid with confidence. Just make sure you stay on top with the updates and syncs before you leave home.

Garrett58

FNG
I pick up the 66i at the discount rate - I watched the hiking guy in depth review of cons and pros - if your a super user and like all the high end deliverables - you may want to wait for the new version. I'm sure it will remove some the software glitches, perhaps wait for the new unit and see if the new deliverables warrant the new price -if not perhaps there well be some discontinued 66i left.

rob86jeep

WKR
I pick up the 66i at the discount rate - I watched the hiking guy in depth review of cons and pros - if your a super user and like all the high end deliverables - you may want to wait for the new version. I'm sure it will remove some the software glitches, perhaps wait for the new unit and see if the new deliverables warrant the new price -if not perhaps there well be some discontinued 66i left.
You're the second one to mention the 66i being discontinued but I can't find anything saying that. Do you have a link?

Garrett58

FNG
Garmin does not list it discontinued - but some of the distributors show it discontinued (meaning they cant fill orders) so that is usually a sign its just around the corner.

Wolf13

FNG
As others have said, they had a similar sale last year. Between the sale, active junky, and raise (discounted gift cards), you can get a good deal on them right now. Bought mine for a few really long backpacking trips and it does the job. Technology has become a blessing/curse as now it's expected family knows exactly where I am when I go on trips specifically to get away from it all... I don't text much or pair mine to the phone. Just lets them follow my trail.