Stan shootoff release
Tommy Hogg sight
B stinger stab
GoLite SL3
Soto micro stove and titanium cup
Kifaru BT1 with grabit and lash kit
Ricks outdoors bino harness
Bugling bull Diaphragm calls
Vortex 65mm spotter (as soon as it comes in)
Sawyer inline adapter

Things still to get
Vortex rangefinder
Darn tough socks
Borah bug bivy

Retiring the Mathews bow. Going with an Elite Answer with 80 lb limbs. A whole new set up this year. Including VPA broad heads and 125 grain instead of 100 grain.

rodney482

WKR
purchased a Ti jetboil
purchased some crock knockoffs for camp
purchased benchmade knives

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I started laughing when I read the newbie posts (<100 posts), then I realized I forgot the Sat phone on my list, oops. This is not supposed to be a hunting gear spending support group, is it?

Thinking about calling L&S today and talk boots. I'm scared.:)

-I should have a Bikini and HC 4800 on the way. I plan on carrying that bag/pack combo this summer to see if I am going to replace my DT1 with it.

-Razor HD 65mm Spotter

-Hoyt Carbon Matrix

slim9300

WKR
Kifaru Bikini with DT1 bag (both in Multicam)
BA Q-core SL (long)
Kuiu SuperDown with hood
New Balance Minimus trail shoes (depending on the trip)
Dyneema IronWire (50' of orange)
Food dehydrator to make my own backcountry meals

There is no need to talk about new gun purchases or their accessories in this thread. My wife may start adding this all up and start asking questions. JK.

My gear list has been dialed for a few years but I always seem to spend money on stuff I don't need in the off-season to be more comfortable or go lighter. (Anything to kill elk more efficiently) ;)

Maybe someday I'll have a budget like Aron's and I'll be able to get a high quality pair of binos and a spotting scope. In the meantime I'll just have to make do. :)

cmeier117

WKR
Half the weight of para chord but three times the price. :)

I swear I think that is a criteria you go by when buying gear. I remember when you bought those granite gear uberlight drysacks! Those are much worse in price though, but I dropped a few ounces with buying 2 of those.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Check out zing-it and lash-it cordage from Redden Marine. It's also a dyneema, is half the weight or more of para, has a break strength of about 600 lbs for the 2.2 mm version, and IME it holds knots well. You can get 180 feet for $25.

Slim, what is this Dyneema Iron wire you speak of? Sounds light and strong?

I believe that "ironwire" is a rebranding of throw line material used by dockworkers and arborists. I've bought it from Baileys logging catalog before under the name "Dynaglide" in a 200 ft roll and it's available from a variety of marine and arborist websites in lengths up to 3500'.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=D200+ORG+200&catID=

http://www.neropes.com/Datasheets/ARB_dynaglide.pdf

While I seriously doubt the weight savings are enough to matter, it is is extremely strong (1000 lb breaking strength) and holds knots very very well. The slick coating also works better for lashing and it is far more abrasion resistant than plain 550 cord. The drawback it that it's expensive compared to bulk 550, so you think twice about cutting it!

Yk

slim9300

WKR
I swear I think that is a criteria you go by when buying gear. I remember when you bought those granite gear uberlight drysacks! Those are much worse in price though, but I dropped a few ounces with buying 2 of those.

Lol. But they are pretty tough and basically weigh nothing! It's like free organization for your pack and basecamp. :)

Last edited:

LitenFast

WKR
First backpack hunt this fall, but fortunately not first backpack trip so I didn't need everything, but...

Vortex Viper HD 10x42
Vortex Razor 50mm spotter on order
Vortex Ranger RF
Vortex High Country tripod
Meindl Perfekt Light hiker boots
another pair of OR gaiters
NeoAir Trekker-way comfier than the old Prolite
First Lite chama hooded, llano qz and wind river baclava
OR puffy
OR Revel rain jacket

Thats all I can think of, but I am sure my wife could remind me of a couple more..

trdhunter

WKR
So far I have acquired
Vortex Razor 85 spotter
Attack Pants
shopping for tripod/head
new string for bow
running shoes

To come
Kifaru Bikini + t2 or highcamp 4800
base layers, deciding
Kuiu gaiters when in stock