New Gear for 2020?

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
What gear/clothing would you like us to come out with for 2020?
Any must-haves?

We do have some exciting plans for this year.

- Josh
Skre Gear

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
More available in a solid color. Ptarmigan pants. A hooded fleece. Zip off bottoms.

A jacket like the Ptarmigan but about double the fill weight of down. There are a ton of puffy jackets in the market with approximately 2-5 oz of down. Going above 5 oz of down options drop off quickly. Alot of us hunt in cold rifle seasons where temperatures never break 30 degrees and often never break 20. You need more insulation than 5 oz in these situations even just stopping to eat. This would be an oversized piece so it easily is pulled out and thrown on over whatever you have on.

A jacket like the Ptarmigan but about double the fill weight of down. There are a ton of puffy jackets in the market with approximately 2-5 oz of down. Going above 5 oz of down options drop off quickly. Alot of us hunt in cold rifle seasons where temperatures never break 30 degrees and often never break 20. You need more insulation than 5 oz in these situations even just stopping to eat. This would be an oversized piece so it easily is pulled out and thrown on over whatever you have on.
If this were made I would buy it.

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider

Thank you for the suggestion.

I would agree that full length zip off bottoms would be huge. And in a solid color. I like the Kuiu but wish they were full length and I don’t really care that they are camo. Nobody/no animal sees them except my tent partner.

Pants with waterproof knees and seat. Maybe it just me but I always seem to take a quick knee or drop down to glass quick and more often than not it's the only damp spot in the whole area I'm hunting. Not sure why that's not standard issues on mid to late season hunting pants?

Legend

WKR
+2 on the zip off base layer. +2 on the down jacket with more than 5 oz. Of down. I would also ask for this jacket to have a good and be slightly longer than waist.