New Gear for the New Year???

So what new gear are you getting for the New Year? Every time I think I have all the near gear I need, something catches my eye.

I am getting a new Spyder 30, a new Hoyt Arrow Rack 2 Piece quiver and possibly new Injexion Arrows.

c5mrr270

WKR
Nothing to serious this year. Currently in the middle of doing an rkt cam swap on my alpha burner. Also been dealing with a little bit of target panic so I'm switching releases to a stan element and sx2.

Gman

WKR
I'm sure whatever I'm getting hasn't been invented or released yet. But as soon as it is I'm sure I'll have to have it.

I'm looking into shelters, spotting scopes, and digital cameras for packing. Also always have my eye out for little gadgets. Like to do some playing around with a GoalZERO system, Always looking at packs and boots. Love to play with an AXT Quiver!!! Light weight and carbon!!

Can't wait to see stuff at the ATA show this year!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
A PSE DNA and Omen Max on the way! Trying to decide which CBE sights I will run as well as other accessories. The other thing I am excited about is a Kifaru pack in Kryptek Highlander!! And of course the new Kryptek gear and Vortex Optics!

Craig4791

WKR
Want to pick up a real nice set of boots this year. Probably going to get a PSE Omen Max as a spare hunting rig although it may turn into my main rig if I like it more than the MR6!

Going to put 3rd axis sights on my bows this year as well.

OR Archer

WKR
Mathews Monster Chill for sure. Possible some new binos. A new camera and sleeping bag would also be nice.

OP
Bowhuntr64
I'm looking into shelters, spotting scopes, and digital cameras for packing. Also always have my eye out for little gadgets. Like to do some playing around with a GoalZERO system, Always looking at packs and boots. Love to play with an AXT Quiver!!! Light weight and carbon!!

This is the first I've heard about the AXT quiver. They look nice! I may want to add that to my list :)

OP
Bowhuntr64

Evan, do you know the weight of the AXT Hyper Lite 2 Piece quiver? It's not on their site. I saw their one piece weighs only 6 ounces!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'll be trying a set of the Kuiu Superdown stuff, shaving 20 oz of pack weight there over my current stuff I use if the weights hold to me true.
Would like to try a 50mm Razor spotter, but we'll see. Was gonna get a new bow, but think I'll keep rocking the old one.

Thats about it for now.

pretty big list for me, gonna try to pick up a tigoat bivy, BPWD lagarita 2, maybe try to snag a T1 bag, custom sitka shorts, a new watch, possibly a nunatak bag, sawyer inline, and hopefully a new spotter

Well the wish list is pretty endless, but the priorities for 2013 would have to fall under the optics and photography catagories. Currently without a camera of any kind since my last one bit the dust, so that moves it to the front of the line.

1. Intermediate level DSLR with a couple good lenses
2. Quality tripod plus bino attachment
3. Digiscoping accessories
4. Lightweight (or at least significantly lighter) spotting scope

JasonWi

WKR
New set of WC strings and cables(ordered just waiting). Wood stove for my 12x14 wall tent.

Small list this year, just need more time off work to hunt.