New Gun Regulation

TheGDog

WKR
Been to Cali. a few times years ago, glad I went cuz I am never stepping foot in that over regulated hole!

It's a shame such a beautiful place has been run into the ground! Soon there will only be celebrities and homeless living there.
It's my theory that they want to take the concept you have within CA... that living near the coast will cost you a bunch more and you'd better just get used to it.... and want to extend this concept out to the whole state... to where they engineer the whole thing to be ridiculously expensive, on purpose, as perhaps some means of hitting a massive reset in terms of gentrification.

Cause with the property prices their policies are creating... the only people that are gonna be able to afford most of the homes will be both parents working and have high-paying careers that typically require some education. Which... translates into greater tax income revenue stream for them to play with and they know it!

Also... we have Prop 13 protections here in this state. Which hampers this effort. And they've been trying tooth and nail to do their inch-by-inch dance, death-of-a-thousand-cuts with that one too. Their only way around this is when that property changes hands and must be re-assessed at current modern-day prices for it's taxation base.

And since their spending habits are off the charts looney bird, such honest and noble legislation as Prop 13's intent, by their playbook, I reckon that to them, this must go. So they're gonna try every damn thing they can to force out people due to expenses. Because thinking globally, there will be no problem finding enough rich bast@rds to want to move on in to the vaccuum left behind. And then those greedy govts can have their cake and eat it too. It's gonna be majority upper-crusty.. with just enough housing for the lesser classes so they can still continue to hire construction crews filled with immigrants for less money. And someone to fetch their car from valet, etc. You get the idea.

How can it be found unconstitutional when it's being tried in courts notorious for supporting unconstitutional legislation. Which is almost the entirety of CA, except for whereever St. Benitez presides.

Because SCOTUS ruled it's a fundamental right to firearm ownership. This means you don't have to fund psychiatric help and counseling to push back against gun violence in order to own a firearm.

This would be the same as the boozer having to pay a fee to support all local AA chapters. Which, by the way, alcohol consumption IS NOT a Constitutional Right...

GSPHUNTER

WKR
How can it be found unconstitutional when it's being tried in courts notorious for supporting unconstitutional legislation. Which is almost the entirety of CA, except for whereever St. Benitez presides.
Problem is, every time he makes a ruling, it's put on hold until higher courts get around to making a ruling, which is never.

TheGDog

WKR
Problem is, every time he makes a ruling, it's put on hold until higher courts get around to making a ruling, which is never.
Right, just because they inconveniently don't like the answer/conclusion in the case. So then they kick it up to 9th circuit which is essentially all their made-men they've apparently just got right there in their back pocket, and they know this.

Fordguy

WKR
Um... What happens if you don't pay? I mean, how would they know? Are they going to search every house for firearms and keep track of who has paid the insurance fee? Or- are neighbors going to turn you in? This is as bad as Illinois with their firearm owners ID card.

CorbLand

WKR
Um... What happens if you don't pay? I mean, how would they know? Are they going to search every house for firearms and keep track of who has paid the insurance fee? Or- are neighbors going to turn you in? This is as bad as Illinois with their firearm owners ID card.
They will just use it as their excuse for needing a registry.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Going with the assumption most if not all the weapons you have were purchased legally, they have all the information they need to follow up on fees they levy against owners. You don't pay, you will pay. Not saying I agree with the fees or mandatory insurance because I do not, just answering your ????

Fordguy

WKR
A firearm sale doesn't have to be through an FFL to be legal, and if I (for some unforeseeable reason) move to their unfortunate town -how would they know what firearms I may have purchased in previous decades in different states- or if I even still owned any of them? To answer my own question- they wouldn't.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
A firearm sale doesn't have to be through an FFL to be legal, and if I (for some unforeseeable reason) move to their unfortunate town -how would they know what firearms I may have purchased in previous decades in different states- or if I even still owned any of them? To answer my own question- they wouldn't.
Maybe where you live FFL transfer is not required but, in a lot of states it is. One thing to keep in mind is, big brother is watching everything you do, everything. You would probably lose sleep at night if you knew just how much they know about not only you but everyone.

Rob5589

WKR
It has been law in California since 1991 that all sales go through a FFL. Any handgun purchased since then and any long gun since 2014 will be on record. If you moved to CA with firearms you need to register them with the CADOJ within 60 days.

gabenzeke

WKR
Why can't we just tax COVID? That's how we're ending gun violence and climate change, right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

packer58

WKR
The other thing is that you've got to be some kind of dumb ass to believe that after city administrative costs that there wouldn't be 2 cents left over for the actual implementation of the programs the fees were designed to fund.

PLUS.....Now that the insurance companies know they have you by the balls do to the ordinance, i'm sure it wouldn't cost much !!!!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
It has been law in California since 1991 that all sales go through a FFL. Any handgun purchased since then and any long gun since 2014 will be on record. If you moved to CA with firearms you need to register them with the CADOJ within 60 days.
I'll take "Things you never tell the CADOJ for $2000 Alex"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will_m

WKR
.. what if you had to pay $25 and were required to buy insurance so you express an opinion.. on RokSlide, on the internet in general, in the letters to the editor, or on the street corner. Now do you mind??
After they read my posts I would be uninsurable.

Kitten

FNG
And this is why we (California gun owners) are in the position we are; people like yourself rolling over and buying into this ridiculousness.
Well hopefully you are reaching out to legislators instead of blaming people across the country on the internet.

MrRogers

FNG
Absolutely ridiculous. What's the point in even having these rights enumerated in the constitution if states and local municipalities can just make laws that effectively bypass them?

Scott1776

FNG
As someone who lives 20 miles from San Jose this is awful news. What a joke of a state. It appears from the article that its not official, just a proposal, until 30 days from now. We'll just have to wait and see