New guy from California

I used to live in Paradise California. We got burned out in the fire on November 8 2018. I am here looking for new/used gear to replace my stuff, and also advice on what to buy, seeing as I need everything, and I might as well buy what is seen as the "best" allowing for my budget of course.
Cheers, I wont let this dampen my enthusiasm for being outside.

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the details. I only have spare gear too small to fit (5'9" 160 lbs medium/sometimes small) - hopefully someone else can help.

Walter I’ve got a pair of used waders if you need em. I’m working in NV during the week, but could throw them in the truck and take hwy 20 home on a Friday if it’d help. Size 12 boot I believe. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
0293da7f93c3d3300b7b76ec79d8778e.jpg

I’ve got a Game Winner (academy brand) woodland camo set up your size, jacket w/hood, pants, mesh shirt, beanie and some crusty navy issue wool socks I’ll send your way if you would like.

Only stipulation being don’t like/wrong size etc. gotta give away on this site to someone same spot.

Lost everything before I house fire and know the feeling.

Cheers to getting your feet back under you! Jesse

Welcome, give us an update of what you’ve got covered and what your still looking for. If your looking for back country gear I’ve got an old badlands pack with your name on it if you can make use of it. And some clothes that are more truck camping friendly.

OP
W
Ok, Thank you all so very much, for your support and responses. It is awesome and somewhat overwhelming, the incredible backup that guys are willing to give.

I started this thread, not to get gear, but because Rokslide makes new guys post ten times in order to post on classifieds. That being said, I need gear and I appreciate the outpouring of assistance and empathy. This conversation also cements the desire and need for me in the future (and all of us of for that matter) to pay our good fortune forward, either to youth hunters, or guys that have hit a roadblock in the sport.

I also have two teenage boys that are following in my footsteps. They of course also lost their gear. At the end of the day/conversation I think it most important to get them re-outfitted and back on the mountain. Not only for their enjoyment, but also so that they can see how to overcome adversity and how to keep on keeping on even when all is lost.

We hunt both archery and rifle for deer in Northern California. Elk hunting is on the horizon as well in Oregon and Idaho. Our hunting style tends to be a hybrid of UTV and hiking/backpacking in, usually short trips, overnight or 2-3 days. The goal is usually treeline or above with glassing for animals. All of that being said, We are hunting Blacktails in heavy forest, so anything goes, and we can and will switch tactics on the fly and location.

We also hunt turkeys both fall and spring and we just finished the waterfowl season, (slow as hell this year).

When the fire came, we were able to get most of the guns out so that part is taken care of. Archery and gear not so much. After the fire I asked locally for some gear for the boys, on a duck forum, and the local hunters were very generous. We were able to get by and even thrive in the marsh this year.

Later some of the manufacturing companies came through, especially with the Stone Glacier sportsmans giveaway back in December. We received some gear there, but there were hundreds of guys there so we didn't get our all hearts desires... Personally I got some long johns, some boots (Crispi Nevadas, no complaints) and an archery target.

What is still needed? Backpacking gear is high on my list. Outerwear is also still needed. Also the little BS knickknacks that make life good on the mountain (some of which I still don't know that I lost, until I go to look for them) I also need to find some good deals on binoculars and tripods. The list of what needs to be replaced is seemingly endless and sometimes depressing...

My sizes 36-38 pant size. Large tending to Xl on the top.

Nathanael, 13 years old. 31-32 waist. Medium to large on the top.

Geoffrey, 15 years old 34 waist, Large on top.

If any of you guys want to send over anything, my work address is 4514 Pacific Heights Rd. Oroville Ca 95965

Lastly, I want to give a shout out to some companies that have forever earned my business. Either I have personally seen their product at a give away, or they have taken care of us in some small way. Stone Glacier, Mystery Ranch, Sitka Gear, First Lite, Kryptek, Yetti, Kenetrek, Crispi, Mathews, and I am sure there are more that I missed or didn't see. These companies, through their generosity, have earned my future business and I hope they are already high on your personal lists.

Thank you again for your kind words and generosity. I am confident it will come back to you. May the Lord above bless you and rain success on your hunting endeavors.

Happy hunting and Sincerely,

Walter Seidenglanz

OP
W
Hey good morning

The boys are doing pretty good, but I am continuing to have to find gear for them. Anything is welcome. What do you have? ,

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Hey good morning

The boys are doing pretty good, but I am continuing to have to find gear for them. Anything is welcome. What do you have? ,

A set of Kuiu Vias Tiburon pants and long sleeve shirt, never worn. Thought I'd use them in the Marbles last year but didn't. Looking for a good home. Should be good for a medium-sized guy in hot weather (aka you guys in the foothills right now). Let me know if they'd be of use to you or anyone you know.