new guy from central Texas

gburk

WKR
Hi all new guy from Austin here. I'm just starting to get into western adventures and have really enjoyed the site so far. To this point i've mostly done hunts with my 5 sons in TX but we are expanding our horizons a bit! Got a couple tags lined up for the fall, one youth cow elk and an archery mule deer for me.

Hoping to learn as much as i can, get to know some of you in person and contribute however I can. Also need some gear and from the looks of the classifieds there's plenty of that around.

good hunting.

eamyrick

WKR
Welcome. The TX Backcountry Hunters and Anglers chapter is active in Austin. Check us out on Facebook or IG and come out to a pint night.

Jaspe

FNG
Welcome from Atlanta - I also have my 1st western hunt scheduled for the fall . Maybe we can swap notes?

I’m down the road from you in Bandera. Lived in NM for almost 8 years and just moved back to Texas(wife is a Texan) this spring. If you ever make it down my way, let me know and we’ll grab a beer and chat about the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
Welcome from NTX...sounds like you’ve already built your own mountain crew! Enjoy the process and education your about to put yourselves through - it’s overwhelming & rewarding all at the same time. Best of luck this year!

cpahunts

FNG
I'm a new guy from just north of Austin looking to head out west as well. On the journey of gearing up and training up.