New Guy From Interior Alaska

Howdy all! My name is Tyrel Palmer (my username is very original ... can that be changed?) and I'm 31, married 12 years with 5 kids.
I grew up in a family where my dad hunted and I was allowed to tag along occasionally in the truck. Grew up wanting to be a Mountain Man in Southern Central Oregon, 2+ hours from anything real in any direction. I didn't get to actually start hunting till I moved to Juneau in 2011 where big game hunting was pretty awful because I never seemed to get good access to a boat.
Moved to Fairbanks in 2016, have harvested 2 Antlerless Moose (1 Archery, 1 Rifle) and a smaller Caribou (... it looked big running alone across the tundra). About a year and a half to 2 years ago I read my first account of a sheep hunter, started researching it more and started thinking someday I'm going to do this.
I have had a couple awesome wildlife experiences, one of which was a group of Wild Bighorns in Oregon crossing the road in front of my and my dad while we were driving while he was doing census work. I also got to see Pronghorns and since then the only thing I'd like to have harvested more is a Roosevelt ELk. Anyway... I decided a year or so ago that I was going to make a sheep hunt happen when I found out about some potential opportunity close to home and met a couple of Sheep Hunter. I have the bug and I wanna get one. I'm new to all things sheep and mountain/backpack hunting and am setting up a Ruger American Go Wild 6.5 Creedmoor and I have shot bows for more then 50% of my life. I joined because I've been lurking without joining for quite a while but was talking to one of said Sheep Hunters and he said this is a place that has alot of sheep focus. I'm excited to keep lurking, trying to soak up knowledge, continue to get in shape and try to get my first sheep.

Also, I talk a bit. Sorry for the long intro!

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
Tutu was actually Ryry when I hit enter.... apparently I need to Spell check. Nice that’s awesome! I’m excited to be back this summer, wish there was some hunting going on then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk